Ky
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900di pro sl, tesoro tejon,nautilus dmcb,excalibur 1000
Upvote 0

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Ric I had an AT3 back in 87-89, it was the first notch machine I owned, the first time i took in the water it leaked, they were only waterproofed for 6 feet, it is a vlf machine, the coil wasnt weighted. It was basically a "water proof" version of the freedom 3. If you get Id be awlful care about getting too wet
I liked the machine though because you could vari the notch on it. one went from iron to above nickles the other control was set for above that. I dont know as much about the AT-4, it was supposed to have been an improved version of the AT3
hope this helps
dave+bobbie

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also had one of these, but don't remember if it was a 3 or the 4. Mine leaked too and using that coil was a pain as it was always getting away from me. I suggest you pass on it and get a Tesoro Tiger Shark or a Fisher 1280 which still is a good water detector.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I had an AT4 it did not like to get anywhere near salt water and would sound off over wet seaweed.
It never became my favorite beach and water hunting detector, which was the reason for the purchase in the first place.
Let my experience on this unit, be to your benefit.

OP
OP
ric44

ric44

Nov 23, 2006
Ky
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900di pro sl, tesoro tejon,nautilus dmcb,excalibur 1000
Thanks for the input guys sounds like something I can live without. I wasnt aware the coil wasnt weighted and I can see where that would cause big problems. The search continues........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread