Garrett coil?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the GTI 1500 and the larger coil will reach just a little deeper than the standard coil. The reason I can't give you a depth is because the larger coil "sees" more minerials which cuts its depth and unless you are adjusted correctly you won't get any inches.

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The large coil is great for tiny pieces of anything metal. Got to have a pretty trash less area or seems to me alot of targets get masked out with the 12.5 coil. Depth is better thu by a few inches. Try the DD sniper coil for the GTI that little coil is awesome finding small stuff found a few backing of earings with it.

OP
OP
G

GUNNHILD

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2010
Thanks for the response, the reason I am thinking of a bigger coil is I do a lot of coin shooting and over the yrs. my silver recovery seems to be less each yr. I know if you hunt the same places this is to be expected but I hunt a lot of different places each yr. I was thinking that over time, say forty yrs. the parks and lawns get mowed, grass build up, blowing dust and the sink rate of an object, that just maybe the silver is just out of reach of a standard coil. I don't know, just wondering??? What do you think? Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions