Garrett GTI 2500

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have one but my brother does and we've hunted side by side a few times. It works very well. I really like the imaging feature. It doesn't seem really sensitive on the smaller lower conductors but hits coins hard and works in trash surprisingly well too. Even with its 9" coil.

Good luck w/it!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I have many hours on one. Nice machine. The true all metal mode gets very good depth. The imaging (sizing) feature is awesome, once you learn it well. I have pulled many silver coins with mine. A nice belltone at 6 inches with a size "B" always got you an old coin.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use one for years. What John says.

Picked a Barber half out of iron trash.

The depth feature I really like.

Nice bell tone on coins.

gfmucci

Jun 19, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
BH in 70's; new to Whites MX5 in July 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, you've had the GTI2500 for over a week. Have you gotten out with it much? What are your thoughts so far, esp. compared to your Prizm IV?

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only got out once (it's been really hot) and experimented with the settings. I've worked this spot over before so wasn't expecting much. Found 3 dimes, 3 cents and a junk earring at about 4 inches. Now going to study the manual some more. Am so far pleased!

gfmucci

Jun 19, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
BH in 70's; new to Whites MX5 in July 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you recall how accurate the visual readout was on those items? Keep your reports coming. Seems like a great machine.

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was accurate, but I was adjusting the settings alot. Will know more the next time I take it out.

BexarHunter

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the first things you should do is set the sensitivity to between 5 and 6. Or experiment with it in your location. Here in central Texas any higher on the sensitivity gets too many false signals. If you are in a clean area you can try turning it up, but if it beeps too much bump it back down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread