Garrett master hunter CX with treasurehound

slider

Greenie
Jul 31, 2007
hello to anybody,
i bought a second hand garrett master hunter cx (investigator) with treasurehound here in our country-Philippines, i tested (by using coil) it in the field and its doin fine, but when i used the depth multiplier i wasn't able to use it well/correctly. (though i was reading the manuali still need suggestions and advises form anybody who can help me) my question is...
1. what is the right height level of the depth multiplier from the ground?
- the level of the depth multiplier from the ground is more/less 5 inches and the sound is doin fine
but if i try to pull it or make it higher ( around 1 foot gap from the ground) it makes an abnormal
sound already (even if i was in an open space with no electric lines, ets.)
2. how many meters will it penetrate?
3. is this unit can be upgraded?

Thanks for any replies!
slider from Philippines

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not used the hound in many years and forget the adjustments. The sound you hear when you raise the coil is the ground balance going out of tune. The Master Hunter CX is still a fine detector but heavier by todays standards of light weight. You can email Garrett and ask about a tune up to make sure the detector is operating correctly and get more info on the depth maltiplier.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread