Garrett Pro AT - Pro Find 40 - MI 6 or any other...

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thinking about an upgrade. Currently using a Pro Find 20 which came with the detector. It works fine but I've got the itch. Looking for any pros and cons from folks who actually use them. I run a Nox 900 as my main detector so I don't need any wireless connectivity.
Thanks in advance.
I'll hang up and listen 😁

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing beats the orange Garrett AT pinointers, imo. Have tried every viable option, some several times over and always revert back to them. Just today, got a ML 40 in. Same silly design where ya have to fiddle to find the on/off "button" (especially once caked with mud), can barely feel the terribly weak vibrations in the water and turning it off gave no noticeable audio confirmation of turning off (had to look to see if LED was off, couldn't hear any sound). The AT's, you literally can't miss the on/off button, without needing to look ever, you can hear and feel the vibes in water. Had a couple of the Xp pointers, which were ok, but still went back to carrots again (not a fan of rechargeable pinpointers).

OP
OP
Groundhogg

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing beats the orange Garrett AT pinointers, imo. Have tried every viable option, some several times over and always revert back to them. Just today, got a ML 40 in. Same silly design where ya have to fiddle to find the on/off "button" (especially once caked with mud), can barely feel the terribly weak vibrations in the water and turning it off gave no noticeable audio confirmation of turning off (had to look to see if LED was off, couldn't hear any sound). The AT's, you literally can't miss the on/off button, without needing to look ever, you can hear and feel the vibes in water. Had a couple of the Xp pointers, which were ok, but still went back to carrots again (not a fan of rechargeable pinpointers).
I appreciate your insight and the honest opinion.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using my carrot in the river and on land for years, I've found many things in the river using only it.

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used the Garret carrot and the Pro Find 35 since February. Maybe I just got bad units? I had tons of false signals with both. I bought an XP MI-6 a few weeks ago and love it. No more digging for nothing. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Groundhogg

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using my carrot in the river and on land for years, I've found many things in the river using only it.
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it

OP
OP
Groundhogg

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used the Garret carrot and the Pro Find 35 since February. Maybe I just got bad units? I had tons of false signals with both. I bought an XP MI-6 a few weeks ago and love it. No more digging for nothing. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the 2 cents worth I appreciate it

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have the carrot as a back up to the XP M1-6 which I've been using for 6 years. Like it as it's paired with the detector and I can hear it in the headphones. The charge is good for 80 hrs, and it only takes 3 hrs to charge up. ( I have never recorded the total hours it's good for, I only know when it's ran out) :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread