Garrett Recently Came Out With A Great New Innovation

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
backpack.jpg

I have suggested for many years to some of the people at Garrett that designing a back pack that had the means to carry an extra metal detector was a good idea. Many times I have gone out on relic hunts taking along more then one detector. I am a believer that no detector does it all, so I often took the GTI 2500 plus the ACE 250 with the sniper coil to help get targets in hard to get places such as areas of tree saplings in the woods, or real trashy areas. And....often times, I dreaded the thought of leaving my back-up detector in the car, in case someone might break into it and steal it along with other valuables..

Well, it looks like Garrett listened. They designed a very large useful back pack for supplies plus an extra metal detector.

BACKPACKITEMS.jpg

It was very well designed, with separate compartments, pockets and even a small zippered pouch on one of the padded.securing straps ont the chest straps.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered one of those from kellyco a while back for 50 bucks

It works great for other brands as well.

It has been out for a while down here.

Makes my life easier. :thumbsup:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat pack John.... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where was this thing when I was able to climb over all the rocks when I was younger? This is great for many to enjoy the hobby more and carry the items they need into the wilderness of a urban park or woods and have the stuff they need like first aid kits, etc.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Only problem I can see is the extra detector hanging down in back and getting snagged on something or what happens if you trip and fall on it.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frank 1960:
When you fall, the same thing happens that would if you were carrying it. I have so much time and money invested in my detector that I fall like I was carrying a scoped rifle. Protect the gun and direct the muzzel.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank1960 said:
Only problem I can see is the extra detector hanging down in back and getting snagged on something or what happens if you trip and fall on it.

It's a cool idea. The question I have is yes, what if the extra detector snags on something and falls off on your hike through the woods. I guess then some other lucky hunter may find it.....ah, hopefully that won't happen....I know I would carry an extra the same way for drysand beach hunting.

I remember seeing on the Tnet where someone found a rifle and I think another found a double barrel shotgun (all rusted) out in the woods. I imagine it fell and someone didn't realize it....or maybe someone leaned it up against a tree to take care of nature and here came a bear and ran them off, leaving their firearm behind....(what an active imagination)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it is nice but a skate board back pack is just the same & work fine. And i have them left over from the kids.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Capt. JP said:
Frank1960 said:

All you have to do is shorten the overall length of the detector by retracting the lower rod back into the larger rod. I failed to do this in the pics.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If only they would add a Heat source to the end of that detector, melt the snow....

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
rjw4law said:
If only they would add a Heat source to the end of that detector, melt the snow....

:laughing1: :laughing1: :laughing1: :laughing1: Good One!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread