Garrett Threshold Adjustment GTP 1350

joeymon1

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2008
Upstate NEW yORK
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTP 1350
I recently purchased a GTP 1350 and I was wondering what the Threshold refers to. Garrett says its the "hum" I expect its more than that. I emailed Garrett and they told me what it wasn't. (Ground Balance) and how to adjust it. ( turn it down to get rid of the annoying hum). I emailed again and asked what I was really adjusting and I have not gotten a response.

Its got an adjustment for sensitivity and tone volume.

Can anyone tell me what I am adjusting?

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i don't have a 1350 but i do have a 550 that i just received monday and i had the same issue. according the manual that thresh hold level can be adjusted. for example: if you DONT wear headphones then the thresh hold volume should be brought down just one notch above silent and if you are wearing headphones then the thresh hold can be lowered right at the silent level and even then you will still hear a very slight buzz in the background. now when you hit a target that sound goes away and also when you pinpoint. thats how i understand the instructions. your manual should have the same description that i have. if you don't have a manual, then you can get it off the Garrett website. as far as what buttons you are adjusting,well i would refer back to the instructions. im still learning mine as it is.I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea.........don't email Garrett, call them. you will get a better and faster response and you can talk directly with tech support. they are great folks and they will answer what ever question you may have.

OP
OP
J

joeymon1

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2008
Upstate NEW yORK
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTP 1350
I probably will call unless someone on the forum knows the answer. I do have the manual and I watched the DVD but nowhere does it say what the threshold level refers to. - other than the "hum"

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett GTP 1350, Ace 250, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
The way I understand it is when the MD passes over a metal taget it makes a break in the frequency sending a signal up to the control box telling you there is something there. So I guess the background hum or threshold is just a way to let you know your detector is doing its job and searching the ground until a metal object interupts the signal or frequency its sending into the ground. If that makes sense. Kinda like the threshold is the sound of the frequency your detector is putting out. Like a tv being on or somethin :icon_scratch: I think Ive confused myself. Josh

OP
OP
J

joeymon1

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2008
Upstate NEW yORK
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTP 1350
Well, I know a TV seems to hum before it picks up a signal and radios do also so maybe thats it.

I guess its nice that a have a feature that controls it - unlike my ace 250 that doesn't hum so doesn't need a control. Now I'm confused

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread