sierraipa

Jan 3, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All,

I recently picked up a Garrett AT Pro, and I am still learning the sounds, but it looks good so far. While I was out on my debut hunt, it started to rain a little. Now, I know the detector is waterproof up to 10 feet, and the headphones are not waterproof. My question is - are the headphones rain proof? Probably not, but I would think one of the main advantages of land detecting with an AT Pro is being able to sit out a rain shower. Do I need to get the fully water proof headphones for this? Maybe just wearing a broad rimmed hat over the ones that come with it will do.

Any thoughts?

Kevin in SC

Upvote 0

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The stock headphones are ok for rain. Wouldn't recommend them in torrential rain, but a light to moderate should be ok.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have used the AT Pro headphones in the rain several times with no problems. Just keep em around your ears and not on the ground. :)

OP
OP
S

sierraipa

Jan 3, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Thanks, guys. That makes me feel a whole lot better.

Kevin in SC

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a good set of phones for your pro, you will thank me. The factory crappers dont cut it. Look at Sunray Pro Golds. Awesome in every respect. You will need the adapter plug too, about 25 bucks.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
something else you could do is get one of those cheap poncho's with the hood and cut the hood off but keep the draw string area and just put it over your head when it rains

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN said:
GGUW's coming out soon for the AT Pro with volume control

I would buy them the day they were available!

OBN, where did ya get that info?
Or....are ya just pulling our headphone chord? :)

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..What is ..GGUW"S..? And i saw nothing in the web site you have about the Garrett headset......

Just guessing here...Gray Ghost Under Waters...

Beleive it when I see it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
long story short, I'm designing UW Headphones for the excalibur only...A friend of mine is connected to GG, we have been exchanging Idea's on how to better what is out there, he is in the process of making the GGUW's for the Garrett's, infinium, and AT Pro, and Gold. My guess within the next few months.
Hope he does not get upset I let the cat out of the bag.......
My Skullies.. Skullies.jpg

Last edited:

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up OBN.
I will buy a pair of those Grey Ghosts for the AT-Pro as soon as they are available.
I would guess they would come out by Spring., or let's say "I hope"

I looked on the Detector Pro website but didn't find anything on the GGUW's with the AT-Pro waterproof connector.
They only have custom ones for the Minelab CTX. Otherwise you have to get the connector and wire it yourself. This is what I have been waiting for.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Still in the works, should be a few months still..take it from me..they are coming..GGUW for the Garretts
My headphones use speakers, same as the Sunray Pro Golds, Killer bee, blackwidows..audiosears 2463 .but they are waterproof.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions