gees I just bought the thing 11 days ago, and it wont work?

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gee's I just bought the thing 11 days ago, and it wont work?

I bought the bounty hunter pilot. at kellyco, and had a fun few days with it. went out this evening and noticed it was sounding different?
and the tones where not normal. speratic, and low/high almost simultaneously. anyway, it has new batteries, and the display is working, when i turn it on, or off it makes a quick beep then silence...... wont sound off at all, will call kellyco on monday and see what I can do, hope they or bounty hunter (first texas) make it right!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: gee's I just bought the thing 11 days ago, and it wont work?

Are you sure it's the detector? Here's a couple of suggestions...

1. Check the batteries. Are they inserted fully/correctly? Are they fully powered??

2. What type of ground were you hunting? If the spot or soil was very 'hot', might've drove your detector 'crazy'. Could be highly mineralized soil.

3. Were you hunting near power lines or transmitters of any sort? Even being a couple hundred yards away could do it.

4. Were your settings correct? Too high?? Setting your detector's senitivity too high can cause it to become unstable.

5. Did you get the unit wet at all? Make sure.

Bounty Hunters are fairly decent beginner units, but, they're not the greatest of detectors - in terms of function AND build quality. However, the unit shouldn't conk out after just a week or two. Try the above. If all else fails call Kellyco & pitch a fit. If they want to do the right thing, they'll help you out :thumbsup:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I looked at the manual for a pilot and the only thing that jumped out at me is that it says to use ONLY alkaline batteries not heavy duty or zinc-carbon batteries. You might also try pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds and see if it beeps, if it does that should reset it . I have only dealt with Kellyco 1 time but they were very helpful. Good luck,

HH Charlie

OP
OP
gildeal

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kellyco. made it right, they replaced my detector with a new one no questions asked! great customer service! thanks kellyco.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread