bounty hunter (first texas pilot)

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought my first metal detector a week ago. got the bounty hunter first texas pilot.
it has good depth and seems to work fairly well, it's discrimination is dead on so far!
is good for working loose sand, and around the yard etc... get into wet sand, or in the water
and it seems to be too sensitive? also wish it had headphone jack! wouldn't have got it if I had
realized that fact.....anyway good first detector, have found some cool stuff, four 1943 wheat pennies
a few quarters, 2 dimes, and lots of trash.
two pieces of "junk jewelry" still waiting for that first gold ring, or jewelry! and of course dreaming of
visiting nearby beaches to the south for a spanish cob find!
heres a pic of my picks...

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 562
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 420

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a used one at fleamarket awhile back--it worked really good on beach and on land but it had limited meter and no headphone jack--so I traded it and 50 bucks to get a Bounty Hunter 202--Love the 202 but I believe the pilot was better in wet sand than my 202---

OP
OP
gildeal

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, the no headphone is a bummer, but this thing seems to get really good depth.... and it is terrific in the sand!
still no gold for me yet, tons of coins, it will come. this is a great starter, super easy to use, but i am ready for an upgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread