Mar 30, 2012
Trafford, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector VLF/TR Discriminator
(about 30 yrs. old)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All:
I'm kinda a newbie. I'm interested in cion shooting, panning (for beginners), Colonial Relic hunting, Civil War Relics, and Cache hunting. I'm really not that new as I've found some things. I have a Bounty Hunter Prospector VLF/TR Discriminator, coin probes, shovels, etc. that I've used over the years.

I once found a pre-civil war army dress sword & metal scabbord in great shape and hangs on my brother's wall, a forged meat packers hook, some bridal bits, a few coins, old fishing lures, and a giant shark hook about 10" long in good shape, almost brand new. But, have not devoted full time exploring due to job, cash and such, true to my name.

I would really, like to get to know some of you, in my area (Trafford, PA) just outside of Monroeville, as I don't like going alone. No fun, no one to share time. I wonder how to go about it all?

What interests me most: I've read all the stories about the gold of the West. Mines and panning areas but, don't live there. General Braddock? I don't beleive his treasure ever existed. But, there has to be other stuff to look for in and around my area, such as old foundations.

I look forward to hunting with some of you.

Steve

Dougshause1

Feb 20, 2012
Virginia Beach,VA.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello2: Welcome to Tnet Steve. GL and HH................

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve and welcome! Sounds like you have at least some of the general bases covered. When I first got out into the mountains of Northern California (NorCal) I was hooked from that first time and never even panned for several years. Met some fellas "in the know" down on the river one year, they offered to show my 8 year old son how to pan and he even found some. They put it into one of their sample bottles and gave it to him. Really nice way to be introduced to prospecting! So I've been playing with it since then and have gotten serious about it about 8 years ago. I have a GMT and it does find gold. I have a "BatPan" for panning (batpan.com) and it works well. I find that some gardening tools are built well enough to use for prospecting. The best thing I ever did, in looking for gold, was to follow the simple advice given in reading rivers, look on the down river side of rocks or any obstacles to the flow of the water!

There's a huge amount of information on all types of prospecting on the internet as well as on Tnet in thousands of posts. Some of the best info is on reading rivers. Another good read is Lanny's post under metal detecting for gold section "Bedrock and Gold" or something close to that and it is near the top of the list.

Good Success..........63bkpkr

Last edited:

txplowgirl

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy and welcome from southern Oklahoma.
I love panning and I found my best info from The Gold Prospectors Association of America. I've been a member for several years.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Steve