Hello from VB!

Bluegrass3

Apr 26, 2012
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Fortune Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TreasureNet! Jason here from Virginia Beach. I've been MD'n since oh, about breakfast. hahaha I'm from NC but am active duty stationed here in VB. Picked up a little Fortune Hunter MD from tha "list" and already dug up half tha back yard! I'm hooked to say the least. Found some loose change once I figured out a little how to use tha darn thing and whole bunch of beer cans! Dang cans pop as coins everytime! Been to tha beach here and found a little more change and fishin weights but call it beginners luck when I took it to tha beach for the very first time. First off, I made a little trade and swapped a guy a PSP for a Ace 150 to give my buddy for his birthday. Almost gave him mine and kept tha 150. hahaha Really just wanted a buddy to dig with and so far he's hooked as well. Anyway, first time we hit tha beach, I got a hit on iron, I dig anything it hits on, and what I found was quite a surprise. It's half a coin, like it was perfectly cut. So, here's what I found...

coin.jpg

1789 Colonial Rum Slave Trade Caribbean Black Dog Coin

After doin some searching, I found a post from gravediggermax with all the info about this coin! Thank you, BTW for this very interesting info. Still cant believe it! How could you not be absolutly hooked after a find like this! Only question I have about it is, why is it cut? Possible used in trade and cut like change? Either way, very cool! I cant wait to get to know everyone here and I already have my heart set on a new AT Pro! Probly gonna just confuse tha heck outta me at first but I just wanna get out there and enjoy the outdoors and take in the history of things like this. Amazing!

Last edited:

Dougshause1

Feb 20, 2012
Virginia Beach,VA.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet and VB. My family and I are next door to NAS Oceana. Thanks for serving and Happy hunting. :weee: ​ Oh and nice find...

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread