Gentleman Star your Engines/PlayBall

F

Floater

Well Besides being My 500th post It is also my 1st HotWheels Car and its a Sandiego Padres Car to boot. Found it at a Demo site right around the corner. Have hunted it before and I call it my quarter house because all I ever find there is quarters. Well I think I got most of those only found two today but I hit one hole with 6 Penny's. Most for one hole for me and I picked up a nickel. I,m Glad I hit all three though because it lets me know I'm getting the tones down even though I dig everything I can start to really tell whats coming out. The nickel had me going. Really erratic sound but it was deep so I had to be right on top of it. One penny was buried about ten inches which also was a little hard to center but i have it down to about a 2 inch hole . The quarters just scream no matter how deep. I think one of these was about 7 or 8 inches but it didn't matter, almost blew my eardrums out .LOL Heres the pics of todays finds and I have couple more to post but i will get to it tommorrow. HH and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 305
  • car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 304
  • car8.jpg
    car8.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Dang that looks like the car I had back in Highschool but that ones in better condition lol. Cool find there floater. Looks like you have a curse of quarters, like my wheatie curse. But I guess they are good curses!. Please allow myself to introduce myself....wow I think im going crazy...need to go MDing! :o

OP
OP
F

Floater

Mystor,You are a man of wealth and taste my friend. HH

R

rvbvetter

Nice finds! Cool car! Daytona i think. WTG!! HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those little cars!

Nice find Floater!

HH

Lonewolfe

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people(wife included) think I'm nuts for keeping the little matchbox cars,but I collect them for the Grandkids......That's MY story and I'm stickin to iit !

upier

Jan 6, 2005
is that hemp in the trunk? mini transporter
lil cars are always fun to find
just keep a look out for the cop cars _grin_

upier

Jan 6, 2005
lets race
been raining all day and im going nuts

Attachments

• IMG_0024 copy.jpg
    IMG_0024 copy.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 273

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005
nice hatch-back Floater!gotta love diggin toys.can't believe the trunk door still opens!!cool finds.H.H!

OP
OP
F

Floater

Thanks folks. I started looking at the car and it actually is made by Corgi, and says Mustang Fastback. I was amazed the lid opened too and especially with someones stash left in it. ;D Later. HH

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!! I love matchbox tm cars I have a collection somewhere. Nice finds with quarters, I have only been finding pennies check out my post (Finds on trip to NC w/pics)

HH

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 185
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 138
  • WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
F

Floater

I here Ya scratchin Surf. Lets check low tide charts and do it. We just have to agree on which beach. I have an areial and think I have spotted a natural cut that is just off the FL beach and at low tide we should get some good hunting. Are you going after the air show?

Humble Me. Puuhhlleeaasse Minelab. If I got it I flaunt it. No sense keepin locked in the closet. Mi Casa es su casa My friends. ( except if the wife is mad at me.) ;D

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
I'll hit any beach you want, doesn't matter to me. Can't do any worse than I've been doin down here! LOL Gonna try to hit the beach after the air show, but a1a won't be opened up again until Tuesday night. With over a 1/2 million people there, I'm gonna stay away till then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread