JULI-001-hjelm-a.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,297
Upvote 0

gmsparky

Aug 14, 2007
metro detroit
Detector(s) used
dfx, m6, prizm III
VERY NICE !!!!!! i collect WWI & WWII memorabilia. after having kids i wasn't able to spend much it. exciting to find that i bet, since it happened right there. very cool !!!!! hh

OP
OP
Trond

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
trusty said:
Great find. Is that helmet small, or is your hand large?

The helmet is ca58+-, I have normal hands, the photo is abit strange. :tard:

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Sweet find and nice to rescue a WWII relic!!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that helmet is in very nice condition! Looks like it was partialy buried in the mud. May be some guns in there too.....

Steve

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find. Have you found any other items from the war there?

How much does one cost over where you live? The reason I ask is that I stopped at an antique shop in the state of Texas the other day. I picked one German helmet up and almost fell over when I saw the price. They were asking $800. I don't know if they normally are that high priced or what the normal going price is. I started thinking about all of them that I saw as a child that were converted into motorcycle helmets, etc.

Thank you for your time.

JP

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Awesome find. I wish that I could find one like that some day. I would check that lake again. There is probably much more stuff down there.

OP
OP
Trond

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
jpotter said:
Neat find. Have you found any other items from the war there?

How much does one cost over where you live? The reason I ask is that I stopped at an antique shop in the state of Texas the other day. I picked one German helmet up and almost fell over when I saw the price. They were asking $800. I don't know if they normally are that high priced or what the normal going price is. I started thinking about all of them that I saw as a child that were converted into motorcycle helmets, etc.

Thank you for your time.

JP

Have only visited this pond two times, i am dreaming of finding old guns. But until now i have found 1 eggshape handgrenade (unknown mod), 1 stickgrenade (Granat 24) and this helmet. I belive the price for items like this is skyrocketing in all countrys, almost everyone would like to have some piece of ww2 in their private collection. $800 for an 60year+ old steelhelmet is normal priced in this country.

I have photos of the stickgranat here on treasurenet aswell, look for "Granat 24" in Todays finds. :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
theres likely to be more stuff there as norway had nazi troops there -- I think the good people of norway hung the traitor kesslring after the war --- the people of norway fought very bravely in the resistance and paid dearly for doing so --sadly the french resistance gets alll the "press" and is well known but the dutch and norway fighters were very very brave and faced harsh punishment if caught

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions