Getting a Good Headphone

F

fahrenheit

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not Walley-World unless u get an adapter from 1/8 to 1/4. Expect to pay almost twice that for a good set w/separate vol. control and stereo/mono switch. You might check Kellyco.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with Stoney, but for other reasons. I once forgot my headphones and rather then travel 25 Mile home I traveld 10 to wallmart. I bought a pair of their KOSS headphones. I hated them. no volume controls, bad tonal distinction . very poor .

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Call any Tersoro dealer...about $25 bucks delivered. I have $100 head phones and $15 head phones....can't tell the difference between 'em as far as sound quality. The cheaper ones do cover more of my ears and are heavier. This causes some "slippage" when it gets sweaty outside so I have to wear them a bit tighter but no big deal at all.

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
Someone a few days ago stated Ohm's were important and you need to be at least in the 60 to 65 range. One of the gold posts has a very in depth scientific / mathematic description of head phone selection , but it's way over my cut metal , bend metal weld metal head.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
For one, lightweight during summer unless you like ear sweat. Coiled cord is pretty much a must. One good thing about headphones is if kids bother you in a park, just point to headphones and say "Sorry- can't hear you,"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions