Getting a hunt together

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings fellow Virginians,

I am wondering if anyone in the Hampton Roads/Peninsula/Williamsburg area would like to put on or plan a hunt for the spring that is fast approaching. I always see hunts in Missouri and New England, etc. but have rarely seen a Hunt here in this part of Virginia. I myself do alot of hunting alone but think it would be entertaining to 'swing a stick' so to speak with others in a hunt. Just a thought/suggestion. Hopefully there are enough people from this area on TNet to actually form a hunt.....

Froggie

Feb 19, 2007
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
I'm in the Fredericksburg area (Aquia).
I am JUST getting into this, and would love to.
As a matter of fact, I just finished putting my MD together and have not even used it yet.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I am 2 1/2 hours away in MD, so I won,t be much help in organizing. But let me know the details and I may come. There are a lot of members around your area. You should get a few takers.

Ed D.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Lets do it! I'm right across the border from Chesapeake and Ken "TheSleeper" is out of Chesapeake too. I've also got a couple of serious detectorists friends from around here that would probably be into it also.

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
Count me in! I just got my ACE 250 an hour ago! Now my son can use my old one (it is 2 months old lol).
I am in Portsmouth, right smack dab in the middle of anywhere.

Does anyone have a good site or potential? Maybe some good historic farmland where a big group won't run into each other?

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun time, only problem would be finding an area large enough for everyone to be able to hunt in spread out, like a large field.

Theres alot more virginian`s so lets let this run til all have posted in and are aware of this.

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
That would be great. Im in!!! Let me know what we can all do to get this started.

Roy

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good now that I see we have plenty of people who are willing and able to participate, the next step as said above, is to find an area big enough to host us. If anyone has any suggestion or own any land in the area let me know. And in the meantime I have a couple of areas that I hunt, though altogther may not be big enough. I do have some perspective sites that I will seek out permission to hunt on. One being a big field in Suffolk that hosted a skirmish between Gen. Longstreet's men and a Union regiment. I will start working on my end and by all means if anyone else has any areas or suggestions feel free to email me or post it.

Cordially,

Josh

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
I got some info on farm fields in Driver, which is a very historic area. I just don't know if they have been detected before. Many, many arrowheads have been found there so that is a good sign. Probably won't talk to the guy until this weekend though.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sounds like lots of fun im in Newport News and just got my new detector,would be great to do a group hunt.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Is this going to be a local hunt or are you going to open it up to everyone. I would be interested in a hunt out your way.

Master Sarge

Feb 23, 2007
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3 / 6x10" DD & 10" DD Coils / Bullseye II Probe
Hey guys I just seen this post and I would love to join in. I live in Abingdon, Va. My grandfather has a 50 acre farm in Bristol, VA and there use to be an Indain Reservation on the land.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright Gentlemen, here is where we stand. I have spoken with a few people and it looks like the problem would be an area big enough for everyone to hunt at once. Have talked to others and confirmed areas that could host 5 to 10 people at one time. A possibility would be to have each person with an area that he/she knows that they can hunt take 5 to 10 until we have everyone covered at a site and then report back on say a Sunday night here on Tnet to see how everyone had done. This is just a suggestion if we cannot find a BIG open field so that everyone can hunt together.

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
That works for me. I have a spot in Williamsburg that seems to be pretty good. Let us know.
Roy

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
lucky1777 said:
Is this going to be a local hunt or are you going to open it up to everyone. I would be interested in a hunt out your way.

Lucky1777, Anytime you want to hunt some relics in Williamsburg give me a shout. Your welcome anytime.

Roy

timbuckII

Jan 12, 2007
{Sentinel} said:
Alright Gentlemen, here is where we stand. I have spoken with a few people and it looks like the problem would be an area big enough for everyone to hunt at once. Have talked to others and confirmed areas that could host 5 to 10 people at one time. A possibility would be to have each person with an area that he/she knows that they can hunt take 5 to 10 until we have everyone covered at a site and then report back on say a Sunday night here on Tnet to see how everyone had done. This is just a suggestion if we cannot find a BIG open field so that everyone can hunt together.

I would be interested too, I will keep checking... THANKS, TC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread