Getting Caught Up

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Hey guys. Been a while since I've posted. Been checking in regularly to see the latest cool stuff that has been coming out.

I finally got my Excal about a month ago so I've been pretty much at the beach for the last month. Definitely beats sweating the ole' ass off in the woods or at a park and getting my first gold on my second hunt has left me hooked. Here are the goods so far.

P1040242.JPG

The baby ring is 14k and so is the bracelet. The other ring is 10k and haven't had the stone tested yet.

P1040241.JPG

This bracelet is a honker and the ring is so tiny it doesn't even cover the nail on my pinky finger.

Did get out for the first time in over a month to the woods today. Spent about an hour with L4S at an old spot that is still producing. Layered up the on the deet and fought off the mosquitos for about 20 minutes and then they kind of disappeared. Could have been the B.0. that was secreting from my pores. Man was it HOT!

Scored the tiny religious pennant, two wheaties, and then a 5 silver pocket spill! Man did it feel good to dig some old silver again although that won't keep me from spending the rest of the summer in the cool water at the beach with the occasional hunt in the park or woods.

P1040239.JPG

HH team Illinois!!

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to here you have been keeping cool and a big score on the gold.
Nice silver pocket spill Dan. I was out today also but goodies were slim.
HH on the beaches.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet digs Dan

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Great stuff Dan! Almost paid for the Excal there!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice finds Dan! I haven't used my Excal all year, been too busy to make a day out to the beach. Would love to though. Hopefully I'll run into you guys there this month.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread