Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a Chinese detector that is rebadged and sold under many different names. Disc sucks and it loves iron. It is heavy and many of those sold leak. Good luck trying to get anything done under warranty.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
It's a Chinese detector that is rebadged and sold under many different names. Disc sucks and it loves iron. It is heavy and many of those sold leak. Good luck trying to get anything done under warranty.
Unfortunately this is true. The leaking is a major problem and will find every piece of metal at the beach in the shallow sand.

OP
OP
T

Turtleman

Feb 8, 2007
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Minelab Explorer II
Thanks for the advice so far. So what would you suggest on a limited budget (i.e. $300 or less)?
T-man

cloviscliff

Jul 15, 2008
South Tx
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's m6, Fisher 1210, Garrett ACE 250, White's surf PI Pro, White's DF, Fisher F75se, Fisher 1236x2, Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For $300 or less I would shop for a used Tiger Shark, Fisher1280 or Sand Shark PI

sctoddc

Jan 4, 2010
Greenwood SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can stretch your budget a bit more, this is a great machine...Fisher 1280x...although I can't say for saltwater use, i've only used it in freshwater. Good luck with your decision.

Todd

beat me to the punch clovis...lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked for a good used Tiger Shark, Sand Shark, Whites Surfmaster PI, Whites Beach Hunter ID Minelab Excal or some of the older Fishers.......Be careful when your buying used, if you buy from one of the members off the "for sale" board here you have a good chance of getting a good detector....I have bought 8 used detectors and all worked perfectly on arrival, but that doesn't always happen.....

Remember, like everything else, you basically get what you pay for......

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
Treasure_Hunter said:
Looked for a good used Tiger Shark, Sand Shark, Whites Surfmaster PI, Whites Beach Hunter ID Minelab Excal or some of the older Fishers.......Be careful when your buying used, if you buy from one of the members off the "for sale" board here you have a good chance of getting a good detector....I have bought 8 used detectors and all worked perfectly on arrival, but that doesn't always happen.....

Remember, like everything else, you basically get what you pay for......

Took the words right outta my mouth...only thing I can add is that once you have reputable machine it can be sent back for repair and/or service...Excalibur for example:barring any major calamity , they will reseal the unit do minor repair and make sure its water tight for under $200.00 in my book that's like getting a brandy new machine
Limo Bob :icon_pirat:

D

digum smacks

i agree you get what you pay for.why buy crap?people buy crap and expect it to be good.would you go out and buy a spoon to dig a ditch for your company?instead of a shovel?because its cheaper.heres one for ya you ever get those cheap tool set for a gift go to use it and guess what the ratchet breaks the tools are terrible and it goes straight to the trash can.pipe down and save up and get a real machine,if you dont expect to pay the real price?and it aint money its the headaches and not finding crap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread