jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone watch Ghost Adventures last night on Sci Fi ?

(Not TAPS)

These 3 guys went in expecting to see ghosts.

Of course they filmed Ghosts, Saw plenty of "Orbs" :P

and the one guy kept Screaming like a little girl
& Running away every time he heard a Noise.

So Funny, Taps was probably having a stroke :D

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Let me tell you a tale about this show......

Just kidding.

Basically there was a contest where people sent in short videos and answered questions proposed by the TAPS boys. The contest advertised itself as auditions to go out and work, on camera with the TAPS boys. If you read the fine print, which I doubt many did, you would have seen that the footage was to be used by the SciFi channel as basically a promotion/hype for "Ghosthunters".

Hence they ended up with this show because the TAPS gang said...OH HELL NO...when they viewed the narrowed down finalists.

:D

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tricia said:
Let me tell you a tale about this show......

Just kidding.

Basically there was a contest where people sent in short videos and answered questions proposed by the TAPS boys. The contest advertised itself as auditions to go out and work, on camera with the TAPS boys. If you read the fine print, which I doubt many did, you would have seen that the footage was to be used by the SciFi channel as basically a promotion/hype for "Ghosthunters".

Hence they ended up with this show because the TAPS gang said...OH HELL NO...when they viewed the narrowed down finalists.

:D

I wondered what happend there.
I remember the First mention of a contest.

I know Taps considers themselvs Believers,
But attack things like Skeptics. which makes sense.

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Ummm....you'd have to define believer and skeptic here I think.

Do all the TAPS members believe in the paranormal? I'd say J and G do but they are VERY skeptical about other people's claims. That's the mark of a good investigator.

To debunk most of the stories and what's left....that's where the possibilities lay.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you listen to "J & G" talk in the van,
they both claim to have had expieriences.
& They have declaired a few places Haunted.
this tells me they are believers.

However you are correct in that they do
believe 99% can be explained.

a couple of the others on their team, on the other hand,
I believe
would declare everthing haunted.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ghost adventured was horrible! it was a sub par attempt at copying the TAPS show. why is it that whenever something inventive and entertaining comes along, be it a TV show, a movie, music, what have you, there is always some joker(sometimes lots of jokers)who does a crappy job of copying it?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
ghost adventured was horrible! it was a sub par attempt at copying the TAPS show. why is it that whenever something inventive and entertaining comes along, be it a TV show, a movie, music, what have you, there is always some joker(sometimes lots of jokers)who does a crappy job of copying it?

Yes I agree Nobody wants to have an Original Idea.
they would rather steal someone elses.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to be Rerun Tonight if you want a Laugh

11 eastern

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kydave said:
There's no such things as Ghosts anyway right???????

I havn't seen Proof there is.

I'v seen things, But since I can't I.D. them as Dead people.
I consider them Natural phenomena.

Shadows, Gravity, wind, mind farts, over active imagination, etc.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe, I've had two encounters where I was awake and touched by something that just wasn't there (that I could see) and if you've ever walked through a cold spot that was in the middle of room, you'd not be so skeptical. I agree that the TAPS show is really good because of their solid investigation.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
kydave said:
There's no such things as Ghosts anyway right???????

Come on over to my house...you can ask "George" yourself!! He's friendly and is just a part of the family!!!

I don't believe EVERYTHING I see or hear and I so agree, many things can be explained. Like, one day at home, BY MYSELF...I kept hearing a door open and close...I just sat at my computer and ignored it...after a while I decided to be BRAVE and venture upstairs...I saw my bedroom door open and close...so I peeked in and lo and behold...found out that the doorknob does not fit snuggling in the latch (time for that repair to be done...ADD TO HONEY DOO LIST) and hubby left the window open, which was bringing in a cool breeze and making the door open and close...so it wasn't "George" that time....

There are explanations for many things, but some do leave you to wonder.....hmmmmmm?

I watch taps every week, when not working....Ghost Adventurers are ok...I missed it last night though...oh wait, I was at work until 1 am...that's why!! Maybe I'll catch the re-run tonight. But I try not to miss Ghost Hunters....whether real or not....I do find it entertaining!

Hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving!
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread