Ghost hunters Live at Fort Delaware

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I didn't see it the first night on All Hallows eve. (Way past my bed time ;D ) But in seeing it last night in review, I find it hard to believe that any one could be fooled by such theatrics. If nothing else was ever said about strings, camera angles or whatever, I wanna know how such a small pull on some ones collar could've almost pulled Grant off his feet ? :D

I do wanna keep watching cause I'm pretty sure from what I've learned is that if you keep sticking your nose into something long enough your bound to stumble across the real thing sooner or later. I remember Steven and Grant coming down real hard on the two kids about turning tail and running in one episode. Can't wait to see what they do when they come across a truly malevolent spirit with bad intentions. Then will see what kind of speed Steve can muster in the 1600 meters. :D

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D

RUN DUDE !!!!!!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
jeff of pa said:
Yea the camera completly blocked out
his right arm at every point where it happend also.

The Reveal was a Joke
Seemed like Jason
the way he started out with the Reveal
was making a Disclaimer.

the Second half at the house was intresting.
when the hanger flew accross the room.

I also now wonder whether that was faked also.

(Although a Spatula flew accross my Kitchen
about 2 weeks ago. I was on the computer
& heard a bang. Went out
& didn't see anything. about an hour
later I saw the spatula on the floor
tried to recreate it but couldn't.
Very Strange but I still don't believe
in Ghosts.)

I will continue to watch Ghost Hunters as long as every show don't
turn into a Circus Like the Halloween Special

and the A&E Programs.
I Can't watch them anymore.

you sure that spatula wasnt thrown by one of those "JEFF BURGERS?!" ;D you know.........the ones that are so rare they are still movin!! :D

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Alright, I can't stand any more. Why do people slam the paranormal? I happen to investigate the paranormal, and have for years. I do not go into an investigation looking for ghosts, I go in looking for an explanation as to what is causing the reported problems. I don't know for a fact that the Ghost Hunter episodes were faked because I wasn't there, but unless the accuser was there, maybe the accuser shouldn't be so quick to judge just because they don't believe in something. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Also, please get some facts straight. I cracked up when I read above posts where it said that thermal imaging showed red because there was blood in the body being imaged. ??? :D :D :D Thermal imaging is just that....thermal...as in heat. You can point a thermal at a car that has been driven and it will show red...which is a heat signature. I know this because I use them in my investigations.

Just because someone has not experienced something doesn't mean it's not real. I've never been to New York City but I'm relatively certain it exists.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can Say is I Don't get upset when I See someone
Post that they Saw a Ghost & Believe they Exist.
And I Don't get upset when somone says
the Ghost Hunters saw a Ghost.

Why Would you get Upset When somone says
They don't See or Believe in Ghosts ?
and Sci Fi Channel could be Creating things for Ratings ?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
It's very easy to disbelieve until you experience something and you will never convince my youngest son that ghost or spirits or whatever you choose to call them don't exist. He saw one in our home and we captured an image of something we dearly call GEORGE. I will never, as long as I live, forget the look on his face!

I pick at Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventurers and that other show, with those English people...Ghost Encounters? Many things can be explained away, but there are some that keep you scratching your heads. I personally think Ghost Encounters really over reacted at alot of things and that women's voice is so annoying!

My hubby and I love watching the shows, but also comment if it's also a attention getter so Sci Fi will get ratings??? Unless someone comes forward, we will never know!

What I am finding interesting, is how on Ghost Hunters International...they get hits everytime....but they disprove alot too!

They say, unless you really believe ... you won't see and they say children and animals can see things, we as adults refuse to accept to see. I don't ever recall seeing any as a child, nor in my adult years, but I know of things that have happened in my home alone that I could NOT explain away (i.e., winds, rain, etc).

But as I said, until you experience something....and I believe in UFO's....as large as our universe is....I don't believe we are the only ones in it....:)

Happy Haunting....ah...hunting!
Annmarie

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Sorry Jeff...just had to vent. I realize that for most people paranormal investigating is limited to tv shows. But I've seen so much....I've seen children thrown across their bedroom. I've seen lights turn on by themselves...not just the bulb turn on but the actual light switch being flipped. I have heard voices in the upstairs of a house...when I was there alone for the night. I have used the K2 meter to communicate with a ghost at my county courthouse. I have seen shadow people. The list goes on...

It's just frustrating when people poke fun at something they do not understand, when there are serious researchers out here trying to make sense of it all. I work an average of 100 hours per week, but all it takes is a phone call from someone saying they are having trouble and I'll be there that night trying to help them. Many times I've gotten home just in time to take a shower and go to work again. And don't think for a minute that there is profit involved, there isn't. My group works for free. We have spent thousands of dollars on equipment. We have a 10 camera infrared recording system, humidity meters, negative ion meters, barometers, emf meters, thermo-couples, thermal imaging capability,...you get the picture. What I'm trying to impress upon everyone is that not all researchers fake phenomena. Some of us are "dead" serious. :D

As far as ghosts are concerned, do I think they are the soul of a person? Nope. Not sure what they are, but I don't think they are a soul because I got a terrific pic of a church one night. Problem is, the church has been gone for close to 80 years. I don't think buildings have souls. Then again, I might be wrong. Who's to say?

Anyway, once again Jeff, I'm sorry....just had to get that off my chest.

Eddie

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey Eddie,

Does your team have a website? Would love to see and read about you and your teams experience. I use to belong to DCMAG, a DC based paranormal team. I should say, the forum, when I contacted them about GEORGE. The owner wrote a book about DC Ghosts....and then turned over his paranormal team to someone else. Anyways, he use to work with the Va Paranormal team...they've changed their name....I'll have to research to remember who they were...anyways, they were the ones I originally contacted about GEORGE...but our plans fell through as I was heading out of town on a job for 6 mths and we just never hooked up. But things are quite now....every now and then, GEORGE reminds us of his presence! LOL

Anyways, if you have a website, would love to see it!
Thanks,
Annmarie

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
EddieR said:
Alright, I can't stand any more. Why do people slam the paranormal? I happen to investigate the paranormal, and have for years. I do not go into an investigation looking for ghosts, I go in looking for an explanation as to what is causing the reported problems. I don't know for a fact that the Ghost Hunter episodes were faked because I wasn't there, but unless the accuser was there, maybe the accuser shouldn't be so quick to judge just because they don't believe in something. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Also, please get some facts straight. I cracked up when I read above posts where it said that thermal imaging showed red because there was blood in the body being imaged. ??? :D :D :D Thermal imaging is just that....thermal...as in heat. You can point a thermal at a car that has been driven and it will show red...which is a heat signature. I know this because I use them in my investigations.

Just because someone has not experienced something doesn't mean it's not real. I've never been to New York City but I'm relatively certain it exists.

did you SEE the episode we are talking about? if you did i think you would agree with us. also, who said that i didn't believe? don't jump to conclusions just because we are critiquing this episode. its just that this particular show was so obviously set up it was a joke. i live about 15 minutes from fort Delaware and i do believe there is some crazy stuff going on up there....just not the third rate haunted house tricks that TAPS pulled off in that episode.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
Sorry Jeff...just had to vent. I realize that for most people paranormal investigating is limited to tv shows. But I've seen so much....I've seen children thrown across their bedroom. I've seen lights turn on by themselves...not just the bulb turn on but the actual light switch being flipped. I have heard voices in the upstairs of a house...when I was there alone for the night. I have used the K2 meter to communicate with a ghost at my county courthouse. I have seen shadow people. The list goes on...

It's just frustrating when people poke fun at something they do not understand, when there are serious researchers out here trying to make sense of it all. I work an average of 100 hours per week, but all it takes is a phone call from someone saying they are having trouble and I'll be there that night trying to help them. Many times I've gotten home just in time to take a shower and go to work again. And don't think for a minute that there is profit involved, there isn't. My group works for free. We have spent thousands of dollars on equipment. We have a 10 camera infrared recording system, humidity meters, negative ion meters, barometers, emf meters, thermo-couples, thermal imaging capability,...you get the picture. What I'm trying to impress upon everyone is that not all researchers fake phenomena. Some of us are "dead" serious. :D

As far as ghosts are concerned, do I think they are the soul of a person? Nope. Not sure what they are, but I don't think they are a soul because I got a terrific pic of a church one night. Problem is, the church has been gone for close to 80 years. I don't think buildings have souls. Then again, I might be wrong. Who's to say?

Anyway, once again Jeff, I'm sorry....just had to get that off my chest.

Eddie

I Wasn't Upset with you, Just Curious Eddie.

Thanks For the Explination.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
EddieR said:

did you SEE the episode we are talking about? if you did i think you would agree with us. also, who said that i didn't believe? don't jump to conclusions just because we are critiquing this episode. its just that this particular show was so obviously set up it was a joke. i live about 15 minutes from fort Delaware and i do believe there is some crazy stuff going on up there....just not the third rate haunted house tricks that TAPS pulled off in that episode.

Yea Notice at the Reveal They realy didn't act like
they Believed most of what they Revealed.

Like the Voice Telling them they shouldn't be there.

They replayed it But Didn't harp on it saying How Amazing it was.

for Obvious Reasons.

I Know If I believed it, I Would have done half an hour on it

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
hollowpointred said:
EddieR said:

Yes, I saw the episode. Yes, it looked suspicious. BUT...since I wasn't there...I cannot HONESTLY claim fraud without some way of backing up said claim. In my previous posts on this subject, I wasn't referring only to this one episode, but the show in general. Ask anyone in the paranormal community (thats been around for awhile) and they will tell you that the longer you study this field, the more results you get. (Actually, it seems to swing over to quantum physics in that aspect). This would offer an alternative explanation as to why Ghost Hunters are getting more haunted places now. Of course, there is also the obvious possible explanation that has been noted above.....fraud! All I'm saying is no one can honestly claim FAKE unless they were there and caught them at it. I didn't mean to offend anyone or insinuate that people do not know what they are talking about. That is the last thing I want to do. I just wanted to explain a little about a field of study that is besieged with "investigators" trying to make things paranormal when they know good know good and well that the situation at hand has a mundane explanation. These people ruin it for all of us...the serious investigators and the fans of paranormal shows that discover the phenomena that "blew their mind" turned out to be fake.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the Record I Still don't Believe in ghosts

I Do Love Ghost Hunters, but some of their Episodes Scream
or Ratings Tomfoolery

& I Do believe in quantum physics

And still Wish someone would / Could Prove ghosts to me.
But that's a Big Task :coffee2:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
jeff of pa said:
For the Record I Still don't Believe in ghosts

I Do Love Ghost Hunters, but some of their Episodes Scream
or Ratings Tomfoolery

& I Do believe in quantum physics

And still Wish someone would / Could Prove ghosts to me.
But that's a Big Task :coffee2:

I used to be the same way Jeff. You won't believe it "til you see (or hear it in my case). All I know is if it hadn't woke me up by yelling my name outloud my family and I might have lost everything in a house fire. I used to be very skepical too but now I know...

Charlie

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Ron and Ann said:
Hey Eddie,

Does your team have a website? Would love to see and read about you and your teams experience. I use to belong to DCMAG, a DC based paranormal team. I should say, the forum, when I contacted them about GEORGE. The owner wrote a book about DC Ghosts....and then turned over his paranormal team to someone else. Anyways, he use to work with the Va Paranormal team...they've changed their name....I'll have to research to remember who they were...anyways, they were the ones I originally contacted about GEORGE...but our plans fell through as I was heading out of town on a job for 6 mths and we just never hooked up. But things are quite now....every now and then, GEORGE reminds us of his presence! LOL

Thanks,
Annmarie

Annmarie, thanks for your interest! Yes, we do have a website, although it does need to be updated. Here's the link www.seprs.net . We do not show any pics of our investigations, we explain why on the website.(no, no pictures of orbs ::) :D) Our site will explain what to expect when we go into a residence or business. It will also go into detail about some of the equipment we use. You'll also see my ugly mug on there... :tard:

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
EddieR said:
Ron and Ann said:
Hey Eddie,

Thanks,
Annmarie
Annmarie, thanks for your interest! Yes, we do have a website, although it does need to be updated. Here's the link www.seprs.net . We do not show any pics of our investigations, we explain why on the website.(no, no pictures of orbs ::) :D) Our site will explain what to expect when we go into a residence or business. It will also go into detail about some of the equipment we use. You'll also see my ugly mug on there... :tard:

Thanks Eddie.....I saw your pic and the first thing I thought was how much you reminded me of our Scoutmaster...have any BLAHER's in your family tree? LOL

Thanks for posting the link to your site...I love reading about different groups and what they do and their investigations. When things were more active, I bought a digital recorder...but to be honest, been afraid to use it ... afraid of what might be heard! LOL.

I did that towel test...take a pic of a room, then shake a towel and take another pic...OMG...ORBS! LOL

Thanks again.....have fun!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
EddieR said:
hollowpointred said:
EddieR said:

Yes, I saw the episode. Yes, it looked suspicious. BUT...since I wasn't there...I cannot HONESTLY claim fraud without some way of backing up said claim. In my previous posts on this subject, I wasn't referring only to this one episode, but the show in general. Ask anyone in the paranormal community (that's been around for awhile) and they will tell you that the longer you study this field, the more results you get. (Actually, it seems to swing over to quantum physics in that aspect). This would offer an alternative explanation as to why Ghost Hunters are getting more haunted places now. Of course, there is also the obvious possible explanation that has been noted above.....fraud! All I'm saying is no one can honestly claim FAKE unless they were there and caught them at it. I didn't mean to offend anyone or insinuate that people do not know what they are talking about. That is the last thing I want to do. I just wanted to explain a little about a field of study that is besieged with "investigators" trying to make things paranormal when they know good know good and well that the situation at hand has a mundane explanation. These people ruin it for all of us...the serious investigators and the fans of paranormal shows that discover the phenomena that "blew their mind" turned out to be fake.

no offense taken. i actually love the TAPS TV show. they have captured some very compelling evidence in some of their investigations. it just seems like maybe the network felt the need to "spice up" the live episode by "enhancing" the investigation a little bit. all of their episodes are not as unbelievable as this one was.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
ok...did anyone see the one of the St Augustine Lighthouse? If so, what do you think of the "shadow" movement at the top of the stairs..? I can't explain that one away and it sure did move fast....

Also, when they did that ship, Queen Mary was it?...anyways, when they were excited the bedsheets were moved, but after further investigating....it was done on purpose and they were not happy about that.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Ron and Ann said:
ok...did anyone see the one of the St Augustine Lighthouse? If so, what do you think of the "shadow" movement at the top of the stairs..? I can't explain that one away and it sure did move fast....

Also, when they did that ship, Queen Mary was it?...anyways, when they were excited the bedsheets were moved, but after further investigating....it was done on purpose and they were not happy about that.

Yes, I saw the Lighthouse investigation episode. The shadow figure was very interesting, however....I wasn't there, and not knowing the conditions under which the investigation was conducted, that's all I can conclude from it...it was interesting. I will say this about it....I talked to Brian (from TAPS) about it and he said it was some of the most compelling evidence that they had collected. The lighthouse was also one of his favorite investigations. I've never been there but I would love to go sometime. Not necessarily for the haunting but just to see it. I have been to Waverley Hills in Kentucky, though. Five times, actually.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
EddieR said:
Ron and Ann said:

Yes, I saw the Lighthouse investigation episode. The shadow figure was very interesting, however....I wasn't there, and not knowing the conditions under which the investigation was conducted, that's all I can conclude from it...it was interesting. I will say this about it....I talked to Brian (from TAPS) about it and he said it was some of the most compelling evidence that they had collected. The lighthouse was also one of his favorite investigations. I've never been there but I would love to go sometime. Not necessarily for the haunting but just to see it. I have been to Waverley Hills in Kentucky, though. Five times, actually.

I understand about not being able to say if infact, it was paranormal or not....but it was very interesting to say the least. I've been to St Augustine, but never went to the lighthouse. Waverley, when that came on, hubby and I said that would prob be a good place to metal detect!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread