Ghost hunters Live at Fort Delaware

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
I have never had anything that I would describe as a paranormal encounter. However, I have people that I love dearly who have, and have no reason to doubt what they say. They would have nothing to gain by lying to me. Do I believe in ghost then? I would have to say yes.

In my opinion, I think that the paranormal is just normal that we don't understand. No matter how smart we think we are, I would wager that humankind only understands maybe 10% of how the universe and physics actually work. There is so much unknown out there that I think it is foolish not the ackonwledge the possibility of ghosts. Wether it is a deminsional thing, a time warp thing, mental, or even religious - I don't know. But that is what makes it so darn interesting.

I used to watch Ghost Hunters all of the time, but kind of lost interest in it after it started to become...I don't know...commerical maybe? I like Jason and Grant, but I think SciFi has taken too much control and ruined the show. Maybe it is time for Jason and Grant to end the run, take TAPS back, and go back to doing what they did best. The other show with the British mob, Most Haunted, is a freakin' joke. I didn't buy Derek Acorah's crapola one bit.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pimp Lenin said:
I used to watch Ghost Hunters all of the time, but kind of lost interest in it after it started to become...I don't know...commerical maybe? I like Jason and Grant, but I think SciFi has taken too much control and ruined the show. Maybe it is time for Jason and Grant to end the run, take TAPS back, and go back to doing what they did best. The other show with the British mob, Most Haunted, is a freakin' joke. I didn't buy Derek Acorah's crapola one bit.

Although I Can't stop watching it, I Get a little Upset
watching Ghost Hunters International.

They seem to go in Considering everything Ghosts.

Especially Barry.

I Have yet to see a show where he dosn't See, Hear & Feel Something.

Even when at the End they declair it Not Haunted.

If that is the correct Words, Because they
don't say No this place isn't Haunted.
They say We didn't Find enough to call it Haunted.
It's like a Cop-out.

I Also hate the Backround Music & Added quick drum Rolls for
Drama. I wanna hear what they do during the Investigation.
Not wait till they Decide at the end What noise they will add in
at the reveal :P (Well That's what it seems like to me
when they block the original sounds during the investigation)

My Favorite show was at the Bar room with the Speakers
& Wires hooked up to make the fans go.
like that would fool anyone except maybe 5 year old Brownies

======

as for the Lighthouse Etc.

They should take their own words to Heart.

"IF it can be recreated it should be Thrown out.

So far everything I'v seen (With a Little help from
a Special effects Crew, hired my Sci Fi Channel
to Up ratings ) Can be recreated :wink:

So Maybe they should not Declair anything Haunted, or Paranormal

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I couldn't agree more...about the "drum rolls" and that "music"...then a commerical break! It's a ploy to keep your interest, but lots of times, it was nothing or someone playing a joke on someone!!!

And with GHI....can't seem to understand why they have more "hauntings" than GH???

As like you, I just can't stop watching it...cause the one time I don't watch it.... it really will be a good one!!!! ;D

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
I couldn't agree more...about the "drum rolls" and that "music"...then a commerical break! It's a ploy to keep your interest, but lots of times, it was nothing or someone playing a joke on someone!!!

And with GHI....can't seem to understand why they have more "hauntings" than GH???

As like you, I just can't stop watching it...cause the one time I don't watch it.... it really will be a good one!!!! ;D

One that Realy Upset me was the one where they Showed the ambulance
Leaving.

Then when they get back.

You find out it was Jason't Kid at home
Broke his arm or something.

What a Waste of Footage.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I remember that one....

but have you gone on Sci Fi and watched the old shows they post? The one where they went to the Air Force base (I believe it was Air Force...it was the first base they were allowed to do...according to the show)...anyways,

Jason is sitting in a chair....there is a railing where the chair is located. To his right is a door, think it was to a bathroom? Anyways, I did not notice it while the show was running, but went to Sci Fi and was watching old shows and found that one.

It caught my eye...that one scene, Jason is in the chair by the railing, the next scene he is in the chair infront of the door and then the next scene, back by the railing!!! That was a poor editing job!!! That is the one where they put a flashlight on the floor and it turned on by itself!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
I remember that one....

but have you gone on Sci Fi and watched the old shows they post? The one where they went to the Air Force base (I believe it was Air Force...it was the first base they were allowed to do...according to the show)...anyways,

Jason is sitting in a chair....there is a railing where the chair is located. To his right is a door, think it was to a bathroom? Anyways, I did not notice it while the show was running, but went to Sci Fi and was watching old shows and found that one.

It caught my eye...that one scene, Jason is in the chair by the railing, the next scene he is in the chair infront of the door and then the next scene, back by the railing!!! That was a poor editing job!!! That is the one where they put a flashlight on the floor and it turned on by itself!

I Didn't catch the Edit.
I'll watch for that next time.

The flash light.

First they admit they have it set just right that a slight touch causes Contact.

Unscrew a Lamp bulb to the point it needs hair contact.
It will flicker at times.

Cool Parlor Trick when you know when to talk to it :wink:

And as for their Meters, a Film Crew Camera Guy could
have a device that interfears & Know how to use it.

then go to any military Base where they may want to Test out
a New device (weapon) on Unsuspecting People.

I'd invite Ghost Hunters, because If you can fool them
odds are the enemy will thing it's real too.

I think the episode with the Camera Guy's Bag flying up in his face
was a expiramental Military weapon. Perhaps a Super Magnet above
somewhere.

Not saying this is what's going on.

Just saying in their own Words.

"If it can be recreated, it has to be thrown out"

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
jeff of pa said:
Ron and Ann said:
I remember that one....

I Didn't catch the Edit.
I'll watch for that next time.

The flash light.

First they admit they have it set just right that a slight touch causes Contact.

Unscrew a Lamp bulb to the point it needs hair contact.
It will flicker at times.

Cool Parlor Trick when you know when to talk to it :wink:

And as for their Meters, a Film Crew Camera Guy could
have a device that interfears & Know how to use it.

then go to any military Base where they may want to Test out
a New device (weapon) on Unsuspecting People.

I'd invite Ghost Hunters, because If you can fool them
odds are the enemy will thing it's real too.

I think the episode with the Camera Guy's Bag flying up in his face
was a expiramental Military weapon. Perhaps a Super Magnet above
somewhere.

Not saying this is what's going on.

Just saying in their own Words.

"If it can be recreated, it has to be thrown out"

Interesting theory about the weapon....definitely should keep that in mind. However, I know there were rumors about the base being haunted about 10 years ago (thats when I first heard about it), so that aspect of the case is not new. Of course, Big Brother could use that as a cover to test their new toys.

Sci-Fi does ruin a lot of the investigations by editing it down, of course it must be done to fit in the allotted time slot. Brian (from TAPS) told me that once on an investigation there were a lot of things happening around them, but the camera crew IS NOT ALLOWED to take their cameras off the team themselves(unless instructed). They are there for the sole purpose of documenting the teams moves during the investigation.
Brian told me that his batteries died in his camcorder once and he asked the camera man if he had any extra with him. This was the reply: We are not allowed to interact in any way with your investigation...you'll have to go get your batteries yourself at command (base). I think Sci-Fi is really messing up by not allowing the cameras to swing around and maybe catch some concrete evidence.

As far as TAPS' little motto "if it can be recreated, it must be thrown out"...I follow that to a certain extent. But ya gotta draw a line somewhere. Science can create lightning in a lab, but ya got the real thing in the sky, too. What it all boils down to is this: On an investigation, try to find a rational explanation for the reported phenomena. If nothing fits, then start looking toward the paranormal side, but within reason.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
".....Brian told me that his batteries died in his camcorder once and he asked the camera man if he had any extra with him. This was the reply: We are not allowed to interact in any way with your investigation...you'll have to go get your batteries yourself at command (base). I think Sci-Fi is really messing up by not allowing the cameras to swing around and maybe catch some concrete evidence...."

Eddie...thanks for clearing that up...I have always wondered why they NEVER show what was seen by a TAPS member! It would really make the show so much more interesting and I don't care for their (SciFi) editing technique...as the one show I mentioned above!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Guess they May realy be trying to stay out of
the Investigation then.

And to be Honest, As a Skeptic.

IF The camera Crew actually turned their cameras & Caught
a Full Body apperation, You Can believe I Would
Question whether the camera Guy knew ahead of time
where to point the Camera. :P

They have to realize us Non Beievers are Questioning Everything

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
jeff of pa said:
I Guess they May realy be trying to stay out of
the Investigation then.

And to be Honest, As a Skeptic.

IF The camera Crew actually turned their cameras & Caught
a Full Body apperation, You Can believe I Would
Question whether the camera Guy knew ahead of time
where to point the Camera. :P

They have to realize us Non Beievers are Questioning Everything

Us investigators are questioning everything too, Jeff! The serious ones anyway......

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agree with you 100% , im like the super skeptic on our team, we have visited the lighthouse in st augustine, killer stairs, props to brian when he climbed them like 3 or 4 times that night on the first investigation..lol..eddie sent ya a pm but saw your teams site a little further down the thread....gregg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread