🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i went to a road that was there in the 1940's i got there i was in the middle of the woods no one else was there well about five minuets .I start popping old rusty metal then i hear several car doors shut then i heard children laughing. i looked around the area for a long time and found nothing. i went back to digging then i heard a mans voice shout. i got the heck out of there i don't plan on going back neither. the whole evening scared me

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...I smell conspiracy! Actually, goldboy...I have no reason to believe that ghosts, spirits don't exist..I've had more than one occurrence that could not be explained.. (doors slamming when I'm in shower and not a soul within 5 miles of my house)...are there any old houses, cemeteries near that site? There's one place I won't go back too either, it's an out of the way place in the woods...and the 2 times I've been there, I've felt eyes burning thru me the entire time, that place and that place only. There's plenty crusty old coins to dig elsewhere lol...Ddf

Last edited:

Mkburnett

Greenie
Jul 10, 2018
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you. I used to volunteer on the National battlefields in Virginia and there were some pretty odd happenings out there.

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen and heard enough stuff at my work that I am convinced that I am not alone out here. Luckily it has never felt threatening to where I didn't want to come back. Truth is only you know what you heard, if you keep your eyes and ears open you will see and here more. Some people will say it's all in your head, but that's just their opinion, don't let them intimidate you into second guessing yourself. Sounds like a cool experience to me, you ought to go back, maybe they will lead you to the good stuff!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I was close. I would go. They may have been trying to lead you to something. Maybe something good or maybe something that would reveal their story.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BHOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LOL I could tell you some weird happenings but maybe another time !

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i went to a road that was there in the 1940's i got there i was in the middle of the woods no one else was there well about five minuets .I start popping old rusty metal then i hear several car doors shut then i heard children laughing. i looked around the area for a long time and found nothing. i went back to digging then i heard a mans voice shout. i got the heck out of there i don't plan on going back neither. the whole evening scared me

Old parking areas can be good detecting!

One site that bothered me there were still living relatives of ,and no bad vibes or such....But the slight smell of raccoons and tired old abandon house riding the cool air flowing out of it kept making me watch the house.
It was built on a prior homestead that burned though.. And the old house had a fire while occupied ,then fixed up again.

I don't have much trouble not worrying about the past though. Do get some melancholy feelings around old places sometimes , more when checking out a relic or taking a break and looking the site over wondering who and why did they set up here.., but nothing negative.

Voices? L.o.l.. I hear a shout now a then without a source found ,even when not detecting.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear you gold boy! While I wasn't metal detecting and was actually on my way home last year from working on my daughter's friend's van, I saw something I will never forget. You see, the Battle of Mossy Creek was fought through the area where I live and quite a few Confederates and many less Union soldiers lost their lives during the battle. Well, I took a short cut and was on my way home on a rural road that dead ends into the highway/road I live on. There was a light fog setting in and as I approached the road I live on, I could clearly see what appeared to be a whole Company of Confederate soldiers marching down the road towards my' home. When I got to the Stop sign, the fog and the soldiers magically disappeared. Talking about eerie.

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm...I smell conspiracy! Actually, goldboy...I have no reason to believe that ghosts, spirits don't exist..I've had more than one occurrence that could not be explained.. (doors slamming when I'm in shower and not a soul within 5 miles of my house)...are there any old houses, cemeteries near that site? There's one place I won't go back too either, it's an out of the way place in the woods...and the 2 times I've been there, I've felt eyes burning thru me the entire time, that place and that place only. There's plenty crusty old coins to dig elsewhere lol...Ddf

there were several houses near there i think about 5 that were there in the 1940's

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once went to an old site, which I have identfied as site were annual festivties were held -> a clearing in the woods at this time, quite bushy wasteland near a suburb now.

I did not like it from the onset and noticed that was "silent" in some way and every step in the leaves or crushing of a twig from me sounded "too loud". I felt constantly watched, always from the back, no matter what direction i turned. Moreover I somehow felt it "near" up to the point that I involuntary tensed the shoulder muscles as if somebody would tip me on the shoulder the next second. After 30-45 minutes I got aggressive and started throwing sticks at the thickest parts to see if an animal was there. Afterwards I finally decided that this place and myself wont get friends, packed, left and did not return. I am not supersenitive or superstitious and never felt this way before or after.

More than once I noticed the detector being a machine for synchronicity in a sense that I could remember a weird dream or happening and one the weekend I would find something related to it.

Perhaps we should start a detecting gost story thread, I have heard some good ones from people I would trust that they are not nuts.

Greets namxat

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
So I'm just curious, what did you think was going to happen?

i don't know i just don't like that kinda of stuff it scares the heck out of me

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
I once went to an old site, which I have identfied as site were annual festivties were held -> a clearing in the woods at this time, quite bushy wasteland near a suburb now.

I did not like it from the onset and noticed that was "silent" in some way and every step in the leaves or crushing of a twig from me sounded "too loud". I felt constantly watched, always from the back, no matter what direction i turned. Moreover I somehow felt it "near" up to the point that I involuntary tensed the shoulder muscles as if somebody would tip me on the shoulder the next second. After 30-45 minutes I got aggressive and started throwing sticks at the thickest parts to see if an animal was there. Afterwards I finally decided that this place and myself wont get friends, packed, left and did not return. I am not supersenitive or superstitious and never felt this way before or after.

More than once I noticed the detector being a machine for synchronicity in a sense that I could remember a weird dream or happening and one the weekend I would find something related to it.

Perhaps we should start a detecting gost story thread, I have heard some good ones from people I would trust that they are not nuts.

Greets namxat

a detecting ghost thread would be a good thread too

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• d118c55e-5478-4064-8c01-f1fe7c161fd2_l.jpg
    d118c55e-5478-4064-8c01-f1fe7c161fd2_l.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 94

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
GB,

I still have this backpack to sell.

OK...it´s not the original Ghostbusters backpack but it may do the job :laughing7:

At least you can clean your clothes with it if you get slimed :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• Cleanlaser.jpg
    Cleanlaser.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
GB,

I still have this backpack to sell.

OK...it´s not the original Ghostbusters backpack but it may do the job :laughing7:

At least you can clean your clothes with it if you get slimed :icon_thumright:

one the best scenes in the movie

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
If this is going to be a ghost story while metal detecting thread, here is mine.

The most uncomfortable feeling I got from a place recently (around a month ago) was on an old abandoned road too. I was with my mother, because she is close by and thought she might like checking out the site when I told her. We parked at the parking area, when we got out of the car we noticed that someone had literally crapped on a tissue and thrown it right in the middle of the trail. We were both disgusted by that, but continued on anyway. We went down the trail (abandoned road) to tried to locate the 3 or 4 cellar holes that I found on it while researching. There was a little intersection between two old stonewall lined roads. There were also two cellar holes within 50 feet of each other at this intersection. I decided to take some time to explore the cellar holes and the woods around them. I felt a very negative dark feeling in this area, but decided that potentially finding a potentially untouched cellar hole was well worth feeling uncomfortable. I went back to the middle of the intersection and noticed big turkey feathers sticking out of stumps around the area, I figured that it was probably from kids, but my mom says there was something "weird and off " about them. The only odd thing I noticed about them being there was that the whole day, until an hour before, there was a huge storm that would have easily removed them. My mom kept begging to leave, she didn't explain why at the moment, she just kept asking if we can please leave. I told her I just needed 10 minutes to find another cellar hole down the road, I did feel very uncomfortable, but this cellar hole didn't appear on any maps going back as far as the 1850's so I knew it might be really good. My mom came with me, not wanting to be alone at the intersection, and kept asking if I feel what she does at this location. I told her it wasn't the happiest location, but really want to find a good cellar hole. After walking around a quarter mile, I was feeling really creeped out by the place, the feeling got worse as a walked down the road, so I decided to turn around too. We actually ran until we got to the intersection because of how bad it felt there. We were in the intersection again and my mom told me that she picks up that Satanists have been hanging around these woods, and that is why the place feels so dark. I told her that sounds a little bit too cliche for the type of place we were at (old abandoned road in the woods), and that we were probably just having anxiety. I noticed a little clearing in the woods near the intersection (the place had a lot of them, due to logging), and glanced over at it. The thing that was really weird about it was that I saw a bunch of beer cans, most of them still upright, making up a circle around 7 feet in diameter. Any upright beer cans would probably have been knocked over in the heavy storm we had earlier so they had to be very recent. We ran back to the car and drove away. I still think my mom's theory of satanic worshipers is a little far fetched, but I guess you could try to make a case for it based on some of the stuff there. Either way, I decided to try to find another place to metal detect instead of going there, just to be safe. When I get a bad feeling from a place I try to avoid it, metal detecting is mean't to be fun. It is very rare though that I get a negative feeling from a place, for every 15 cellar holes that I go to, maybe 1 or 2 might feel somewhat negative, but normally not overwhelming, just mild sadness (and I will find nothing at probably 10 of them :sadsmiley:)

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've told you guys before to never detect anywhere without you Ghost repellant on. Never leave home without it.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions