Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a complete wash out, so I didn't have work. SO i figured it would be a great opportunity to try out my new Garret Pro Pointer. Most of the sites here in my neck of the woods still have waaaaay to much snow to detect. But fortunately I found a spot that hardly had any snow on the side of a hill. I"ve been here a few times and didn't do well at all due to all the big iron and tin scraps everywhere. Usually I lose ambition and move on...however today I stuck it out and BOY AM i GLAD I DID! The first 3 hours were pretty slow with only a few relics and a couple buttons....but the last hour was awesome! This site is definitely late 1700's but was lived in up until the early 1900's. Therefore, the amount of trash and junk targets are constantly pestering you. So Half Dollar signals are kind of a sure sign of large iron or something in that nature. But I followed my gut instinct and next to a rock I dug down 6 inches or so and in the plug it was plain as day, SILVER. I thought for sure it was gonna be a Barber or maybe even seated, but then I realized how ungodly huge it was. So I thought Morgan dollar or even Seated, I was wrong...8 REALE!!!!! I am still stunned. I never thought in a million years I'd dig a reale out of this site considering the amount junk I usually dig. I think before this the best targets were a couple colonial buttons and a 1902 Indian. I think I need to take a little more effort here, perhaps theres more amongst the modern junk. Thanks for lookin! :headbang:

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 5,918
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 5,999
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 5,991
Upvote 0

Imnengr

Oct 31, 2009
Chicago Area
Detector(s) used
E-trac, X-terra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous. I would absolutely have had a heart attack.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
HISPAN said:
WOW :o
Congrats on the Reale !! :hello2:.... great Banner find.
This strange brand is a symbol of ancient Masons,thus tripling their numismatic value :thumbsup:
H

Good Eye, Hispan!

Lets see a shot of that sucker in the palm of your hand!

Congrats on joining me up on the top!

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
This strange brand is a symbol of ancient Masons,thus tripling their numismatic value :thumbsup:
This was one of the best kings that had my country belonging to the Bourbon dynasty, in 1783 Carlos III issued the Pragmatic which includes the following:
All citizens of Spain were the same regardless of their religion or ethnicity, (the case of Gypsies and Jews)
This King also was a treasure hunter like us and was the first person to excavate in the Roman Ruins of Pompei (we must remember that during his reign the south of Italy belonged to Spain) also excavated elsewhere.
H
That is amazing and thank you for that bit of History. A Mason symbol on my coin? wow.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
HISPAN said:
H

Good Eye, Hispan!

Lets see a shot of that sucker in the palm of your hand!

Congrats on joining me up on the top!
Let me wash up a bit first...I tend to have grubby hands that aren't easy to look at. And wow, the view is nice up here.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver find my book says good con 500.00 Fine @ 1250.00 Vf @ 2,000.00 and XF @3,500.00 Now that would be an awsome day for me. I would get that coin graded and then sold at Stacks in New York.. :icon_thumright:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HISPAN said:
This was one of the best kings that had my country belonging to the Bourbon dynasty, in 1783 Carlos III issued the Pragmatic which includes the following:
All citizens of Spain were the same regardless of their religion or ethnicity, (the case of Gypsies and Jews)
This King also was a treasure hunter like us and was the first person to excavate in the Roman Ruins of Pompei (we must remember that during his reign the south of Italy belonged to Spain) also excavated elsewhere.
H

Great ID on the marks Hispan! :notworthy:

Congratulations on a great find and an making the BANNER Sniffy!!! :headbang:

Dave

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been waiting years to see one of those big Spanish silvers come up beautiful coin :notworthy: Congrats on the Banner :thumbsup: Jim

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you did not get the barber :laughing9: That thing is in better shape than some museum displays I have seen!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding find Sniffy. :hello2: :occasion14: :notworthy: :headbang: Congrats on a well deserved BANNER find.
What a beauty!!!!
-MM-

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hats off to a great looking old coin!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMGoodness and a MASON mark to boot! Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Breezie

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o jaw dropping 8 reale :icon_thumleft: Congrats Sniffy , Salute !!! :occasion14: Dawg in South Jersey

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Sniffy, that is a great coin and sounds well-deserved. The coin is getting all of the attention and I like some of those relics as well. Is the one item left of your coin, a sword hanger? Can't quite see it clearly. Good luck on your next outing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread