Gin Anyone??

Adamoffresno

Mar 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land star
Saturday i got to help tear down an old pump shed that's no longer in use out were my father work's, he got back friday from his trip. The Heat here in fresno is Awful and out where he work's the 80 year old tree's can't take it and Huge branch's are popping in the heat and falling down and one came down on an old pump shed. well we removed the branch and started the tear down of this shed, after it was done we used a backhoe to pull up some slab's of of concret and even out the ground around were the shed stood. i was standing out by my truck getting some water when i seen my old man jump down and look in the bucket of the backhoe, as i walked up he turned and asked if i wanted some gin? then handed me a Very old Gordon's dry gin bottle.

I couldn't tell when it was made but it had a cork to seal it up and STILL has the cork in it. i say maybe the 30's but i dont know. the cork is still holding a very small bit of gin in it and has no leak's from the cork when held upside down. my father laughed at me and said "You can't find something like this with your metal detector" Well after he was done laughing and making drinking joke's, we cleaned up and locked the backhoe up in the shop and as we walked back to the truck to leave he walk's over to a pile of dirt we had just made with the backhoe and Pull's Yet Another old bottle out of the dirt...Then Again Laugh's hard.

He handed me and Very old owens medicine bottle...i could not tell with the life of me how old it is, it used a cork or something for a topper. Both now sit atop his display case. both bottles were found by my father...not me.

well here's some pics of them.
have a great sunday.....happy hunting

Attachments

• Fig001.jpg
    Fig001.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Fig002.jpg
    Fig002.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 392
  • Fig003.jpg
    Fig003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 396
  • Fig004.jpg
    Fig004.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 394
  • Fig005.jpg
    Fig005.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old bottles, I like the smaller one. On most glass you can tell if its old from the Smooth tops. If the tops are smooth then they are newer. If Kinda ruff then they are older.

Keep @ it and HH!!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Adam 1st thing 1st great bottle find. 2nd thing is your very brave admiting you live in Fresno :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread