Giold finding detector info. wanted

junglejim

Jun 12, 2010
Whites Goldmaster 2 , Can anyone tell me if this detector will auto-ground balance or do you have to manually GB when searching? Been thinking of getting a gold detector but don't want to constantly be having to GB. Also been thinking of a GMT or MTX model. Opinions appreciated. Are there any other brands that will auto GB? Somebody help me figure out which one woukl be good for me. I'm 68 and don't want to spend too much time having to manually GB a unit.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Junglejim, I have both the GMT and GB 2. The GMT has the option of both auto-GB and manual. The Gold Bug 2 only manual. I have done a short video recently on how to GB both detectors (see recent archives). No, the video does not make me a pro. Far from it. But I did find that the manual GB is not at all difficult in either machine. I also learned that even Whites suggests manual mode (page 17 in user manual) for the "tiniest" of flakes. The tiny flakes is the norm... not large nuggets. BOTH machines perform very well. If you opt for the GMT, give the manual mode some consideration. TTC

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
The GMII is manual GB only the Gmt has the option of auto GB and TRACKING, The Tesoro Lobo has auto GB and tracking only, the Gold Bug ii is manual GB and the Gold Bug Pro is auto GB, no tracking

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Actually, the new Gold Bug Pro is push button "Grab" ground Bal. with + and - fine tuning pads, very easy to use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread