Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Zales or some other fancy jewelry shop and drop that two hundred bucks as a down payment on a nice rock....use your allowance and any extra money you may get over the next few years to pay it off........she'll love ya for it!

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Lavish her with gifts and love and she will love you back, if that's what you want. Ladies want Security, men have other needs.

You are much too young for getting tied up with girls. At your age you would be better off lifting weights, playing sports or music and the likes.

Man to Teen.
Let the chicks think about you, not you think about them 24-7. Men are providers, not dependents. You should try consintrating on what you would like to be when you become an adult. If you get the right education and employment ladies will flock to you.

Always be confident.

HH

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ant said:
Man to Teen.
Let the chicks think about you, not you think about them 24-7.

I remember being 15 ( it was only 20 years ago) and I think I might have had a very difficult time putting this advice into practice. ::) Not to say that it is not the best advice I've seen given to a teenage boy in a while!! 8)

If we knew then what we know now we would have been unstoppable!! Yea right ;)

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
One single red rose every now and then wowed me over 22 years ago. Married 20 tomarrow. Just keep it simple. Good luck on another 2 months, one day at a time.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Think about what she likes, what she talks about, something that would reflect how much you pay attention to her and value her. And make it fun and not too serious---save that kinda stuff for later on in your relationship.

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Certainly wasn't money that made my wife love & stay with me. ;D I'm still trying to figure it out. ???

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just your name, "redskinsrock" shows me you need a big brother figure. At first I thought you were getting her something for Mother's Day, then I noticed it was a 2-month anniversary. That doesn't even rate a poem. Look son, can I call you son?, or should I just say, "Listen here boy" as in Froghorn Leghorn? (Probably don't even know what I'm talking about do you?) Anyway, take her to a movie or something. She'll think you're a wuss if you find importance in a 2-month anniversary date. Heck, real men forget 25-year anniversarys. Real men also say "Hell" instead of "Heck" too. Just don't ruin it for the rest of us; let her bring up the date and then say something like, "Of yeah, I guess it has been 2 months huh? Wanna get a ice cream?"

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i did the same thing....when i was 16, but not $200.00...........guess what? she did not like the gift.......nor me.....about 2 months later......if you ask me your setting yourself up....
....i wonder where those gifts are now????

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Just your name, "redskinsrock" shows me you need a big brother figure.
As a Redskins fan since my birth some 40+ years ago,whats wrong with his user name? You got something against the Redskins? Don't make me come through this screen after you! ;D :D I aint no chickenhawk! :)
Now back to the gift.Women are sentimental and like to know that you have been paying attention to them. Have you been? You should know what to get her then. It shouldn't cost you 2 bills either.It might not even cost you a dime,but a small token of appreciation wouldn't hurt.If your still with her after a full year then maybe spend the $200. At 15, don't fear you'll have your heart broken many times before you find "the one".Good luck.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Dig, VERY well said.

I guess we sound just like your parents huh? Well that's just........been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it. It's a tough job being a teenager, honest it is. Just keep your wonderful carring attitude towards girls and the world in general. There should be more that care as you do, but remember it's not all about money. Heck.......you probably never intended to spend that much anyway, that's just what was available in your pocket.

Keep being you.!

Happy Anniversary...............they are all important in the long run.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Believe this Bro. Money makes the world go around and people too. No lady wants a broke uneducated man, well the majority don't. Money can't make you happy but it sure makes it nice trying.

That's the cold truth.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Gypsy's right on!! I have three daughters, if any one of them came home at 14 years of age with a 200.00 gift from a boyfriend, I'd be having a serious talk with her, him, AND his parents.. You may think it's cool, but it's dumb, and unfortunately you won't realize that for about 10 more years..

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Night Stalker said:
Go to Zales or some other fancy jewelry shop and drop that two hundred bucks as a down payment on a nice rock....use your allowance and any extra money you may get over the next few years to pay it off........she'll love ya for it!

LMAO!! :D :D :D I can't believe I missed this post! Terrific!

I just wrote this whole thing about spending 200 bucks and how stupid it is - but then I remembered... your 15, your prolly gonna do it anyways.

Are you willing to come back in two more months after your summer starts and let us know how it's going?

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
DAMN 200 DOLLARS FOR TWO MONTHS.WHEN I WAS 15 I MADE 25 DOLLARS A WEEK.I GOT SOME CHICKS AT 15 AND I DIDNT SPEND NOTHING ON THEM LOL.I REALY DONT SPEND MUCH ON THE OL LADY NOW.I SHOULD SPEND SOME I GUESS.THAT GIRL SHOULD LIKE YOU WITH NO MONEY ECT.NOT LIKE YOU BETTER BECOUSE YOU SPENT 200 DOLLARS,GET MY DRIFT.HELL RIGHT KNOW I COULD GET YOU 5 CHICKS FOR THAT PRICE SOUTH OF THE BOARDER THAT IS.LOL. 20 DOLLARS MOVIE, MCD'S 8 DOLLARS 40 MISC IF THAT.50 BILL YOUR AGE IS ALOT.MY OPNION LET ALONE 200.ODDS NOT IN YOUR FAVORE THAT YOU WILL BE WITH HER FOREVER.BYE A MD AND TAKE HER WITH YOU AND WHEN SHE FINDS SOMETHING SHE WILL BE HOOKED AND YOUR DATES WILL BE CHEAPER.LOL.

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200
Oh Boy...
I did pick up on one thing no one else has yet. He like his girls to wear white gold. Say it out-loud and it sounds a little...like a guy who likes to tell his woman what to wear. A little young for that, isn't it? I'll say no more on that issue.
BUT...
You want to spend your 200$? I'll tell you how to spend you 200$. First, of all the guys I dated-- from younger than you are now to well into my 20s, there's not one thing- not one 'bling' gift that I either have nor remember although I was given a fair number. I do, however, have a peanut shell in my jewelry box, given to me by an over-educated, a-little-too-loose-around-the-hinges, nut-case of a boyfriend- about 25 years ago now. I can't quote the moment, but it had to do with complexity disguised as simplicity.
Here's what I think you should do if you're just dying to show off the power of your cash. Find a local or semi-local event- theater, music, a one-day class in something cool (I took one once in cartoon making). How about food? I remember every single restaurant I was taken to on a date-- and cherish the memories of tasting my very first (fill in your own favorite delicacy). I also really truly loved being in a situation where both my date and I were obliged to look NICE-- dress UP. And there are some REALLY cool aquariums, museums, science museums, planetariums, hiking and biking trails, waterfalls with swimming holes, etc etc. Parks, for the most part are free, but the rest of these things all cost money-- often quite a LOT of money. I remember 200 bucks being really easy to spend (When I had it)- because I wasn't a grown up w/ all these pesky responcibilities and PAYMENTS on EVERYTHING >:(. So, go ahead, but remember- jewelry can be thrown away, re-gifted, or pawned. But you can't pawn a shared memory. Hell (yes, real women say 'hell'- often in fact!), some memories you just can't shake even when you really want to!! Jewelry... ya know, jewerly should be something you never expect. Never. Like a surprize inheritace, a sweet gift from a loved one, or a md'ing find. If it becomes commonplace or expected, it seems to lose a lot of 'value'. Just my humble (maybe not all that humble ;)) opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread