Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, everyone :thumbsup:
A quick brief before the real guts of it.
As our kids were growing up, all our friends and we developed a habit of spending one afternoon a year at this picnic place, a natural lowland forest of sorts, donated to the Public Good about 100 years ago. :headbang:
I often wondered of the treasures that lay there (over all those picnic years) and finally got around to receiving confirmation that it is ok to detect there.
So I did, today.

another treasurefind.JPG

the pics don't do justice to this place

allthegoodies.JPG

This was my best, a 1955 sixpence, as young as me :sunny:

1955 6pence.JPG

I got so many trash readings, and checked a few, I can see me spending a lot of time on that site.

Happy Hunting All.
Mike

Upvote 0

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful Park Mike.
I am sure you will find lots of goodies there.
Trash readings can be misleading. or not.
Hard to decide sometimes.
With that history you may just find lots of olden things. :thumbsup:

I promise I will not jump your claim. :wink:

HH

Grey

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi mike Thats nice looking park and you even have green grass which is something i missed for 5 years.congrats on you finds hh

tinpan

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice once Mike - a good start to a great looking location. Pay close attention to the big trees - I spent a lot of time at an old park last year and most of the 100-odd pre-decimal coins I found was where people sat under the trees. Looking forward to see what else comes out.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry_Morant said:
Nice once Mike - a good start to a great looking location. Pay close attention to the big trees - I spent a lot of time at an old park last year and most of the 100-odd pre-decimal coins I found was where people sat under the trees. Looking forward to see what else comes out.

& listern for the faint whispers :wink:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow thanx for telling me were your spot is! gonna get the plane tickets now. hopefully i can get threw sercurity with the tecta. only kidding looks like a great spot i bet you get some very nice finds there. what type of bike is on your avatar. willy.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking site with lots of potential! HH, Mike

S

seger98

There's some silver in them there hills, Hope ya find tons of it! :thumbsup:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that looks like a nice spot. Do you dig plugs or use the pop out method? I would think the "pop out method" would work alot better as to keeping the place detector friendly. Good luck on it.

P

Pentico

what a beautiful place to dig.
Looks like you got it all at that place.
Now where is it again? lol

Good luck.

DN

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
That looks like a great spot to hunt, I'll be over there in April, maybe I will bring my detector.

OP
OP
trikikiwi

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone :thumbsup:

dfx willy said:
wow thanx for telling me were your spot is! gonna get the plane tickets now. hopefully i can get threw sercurity with the tecta. only kidding looks like a great spot i bet you get some very nice finds there. what type of bike is on your avatar. willy.
Willy, I recently asked the same question on the Motorcycle thread in "Everything Else" Forum. I have tried to ID it for some time now. That's my Grandfather on the bike.

davest said:
that looks like a nice spot. Do you dig plugs or use the pop out method? I would think the "pop out method" would work alot better as to keeping the place detector friendly. Good luck on it.
Dave, I need to brush up on that pop out method. Is it described on Tnet somewhere? I was using the plug cutting method but I am very sensitive to how other people perceive what I am doing. Most people here will have never seen an MD'er 'at work' before. I even fill back any hole I scoop at beaches.

bula said:
That looks like a great spot to hunt, I'll be over there in April, maybe I will bring my detector.
bula, I don't know if I can be of much help but if you PM me and let me know where you are visiting/travelling and I might be able to advise some likely hunt spots.

Cheers everyone, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread