Giving for Thanksgiving

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope everyone's hunting is going well, personally I've been doing horrible, but things will pick up eventually. Anyways, with next week being thanksgiving, what are you guys going to do for your tellers? Anything special and out of the ordinary? I think I'm going to be bringing them all chocolate turkeys or brownies. Curious what you guys are doing.
HH GL.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the sentiment, but I feel they'll already have so much food at home that food wouldn't be as appreciated.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my teller saved all the old money she gets for me I'd treat her good. other than that a happy thanksgiving

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the amount of silver I have found in the relatively short time I have been doing this, I plan to hand out $10 gift cards to my most consistent tellers. My one pickup bank has a ton of tellers and they always forget to order, so they might not get anything, but all the others will.

If I spend $100 or so on gift cards it's worth it. Whether it is their job or not, I really am grateful that they go out of their way to help me out every week. Some of these tellers have lifted literally tons of boxes for me this year.

Last edited:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Wifey baked cookies this week, and got some inexpensive holiday tins at the dollar store. I took about a dozen homemade cookies to several banks.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on a gift budget myself, but I don't want to show up with "dollar general" cookies, that screams "CHEAP" when you hand the cookies to them leaving a happy impression when you give the tin to the tellers and a lousy attitude once you leave. I'd rather spend $5-10 in my good branches, it will keep everybody there happy.
for-your-information they sell inexpensive tins at the dollar store with cookies in them. what I call a win-win situation.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the amount of silver I have found in the relatively short time I have been doing this, I plan to hand out $10 gift cards to my most consistent tellers. My one pickup bank has a ton of tellers and they always forget to order, so they might not get anything, but all the others will.

If I spend $100 or so on gift cards it's worth it. Whether it is their job or not, I really am grateful that they go out of their way to help me out every week. Some of these tellers have lifted literally tons of boxes for me this year.

Good plan, but make sure they're allowed to take gift cards. They take food no problem, but those might be considered cash or gifts and against their rules.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
November, gotta love Native American Heritage Month? Thanksgiving eh....

tumblr_lcg9feYzNU1qz710oo1_500.png

Thanksgiving is nothing but a toast to genocide!

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
@Backbacon:

Holy cow, have you missed the point of this holiday... Please keep your ungrateful heart and thoughts up there in Canada and off of this forum.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
for-your-information they sell inexpensive tins at the dollar store with cookies in them. what I call a win-win situation.

Big difference between bought and home-made, when you're giving them as gifts. If the tellers know you care enough about them to share something it took hours to make, you've got it made.

:thumbsup:

that being said, come Christmas time, I also give them nice store-bought tins of cookies.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@Backbacon:

Holy cow, have you missed the point of this holiday... Please keep your ungrateful heart and thoughts up there in Canada and off of this forum.

Brush64,

I'm not trying to start anything with you Brush64, Thanksgiving just strikes a nerve in my soul.... What is the point of the holiday then? Please don't generalize the entire Country of Canada just because of my previous statement or any in the future.

I do admit that this kind of crap is not a good thing on this fine Forum. I just find the whole concept of celebrating Thanksgiving during Native American Heritage Month so asinine that I could not remain silent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread