Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all: Sunday afternoon was the only free time I had this weekend to MD so, despite the weather, I headed over for a few hours to my farm. It was only snowing a bit when I started but came down pretty hard at times. The snow was wet and kept sticking to my coil which made it heavy to swing. I hung around the front spruce trees where the snow was less and finally got a good coin signal. I popped this IH out at about 6 inches. It was nice and green and I knew it had to be old. When I could finally read the date I was ecstatic to see I had finally busted into the 1800's. Whoohoo! (Just got my first IH a week ago.)

I found an older plat book recently at our library and I now know this house is at least 135 YO. Today I also got to try out my new Garrett pinpointer and it was fun to use, despite the mudfest. :wink:

HH and thanks for looking,
Michiganne
p.s. Forgot to add that I enjoyed watching a Pileated Woodpecker that hung around for a few minutes in the front trees.

pic 1 - "Pretty please, a good coin today."
pic 2 - house and spruces
pic 4 - the new pinpointer is christened :)

Attachments

• treasure07-08 115comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 115comp.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 257
  • treasure07-08 120comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 120comp.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 265
  • treasure07-08 130comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 130comp.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 209
  • treasure07-08 126comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 126comp.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 265

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I am real proud of ya Anne! You keep going out there in the bad weather and keep that coil swinging when many would'nt! I think you well deseved that nice old indian. Your new pinpointer sure looks alot like me when I came back from hunting Sunday, a muddy mess lol. I also injoyed the pics, a very nice post to be sure. Keep going till it freezes.

HH
Slipperyjack47

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to give it a shot today as well... Looks like a good find maybe spring you might find more. how does your deector work in the cold weather

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice looking IH, Congrats!
Have to take my hat off to ya for braving the cold, and all that snow... I haven't done any of that this year...
And yep,,, it looks as though you've put that pinpointer through a pretty good initiation process... ;D
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Nice IH Annie!
You earned that one big time! Congratulations!

I was mding up here on Sunday afternoon too. 32 degrees, 2 inches on the ground, and hard snow.
Wet and ugly. Hunted 3 1/2 hours, all clad!

Good Job!

Mark

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Congrats on breaking into the 1800s. Many more to come if you keep hitting sites like that. Jim

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Nice...I see your sick with it too. I went out for a few hours myself. Kinda nice actually. No hikers, bikers and joggers given me the look.

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
congrats on the second IH!! Now they are starting to pop up all over huh? You braved weather that would have had me stay home woodcarving instead.

WTG

Funkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread