short hunt in the snow......it was worth it!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Could'nt stand sitting inside and watching the snow come today so I figuired I could wrap up my machine and try to hunt for a bit at the fairgrounds. after about a half an hour of nothing but clad I get a real shallow screamer of a hit and it was so loud i had to dig it just to see what the heck it was, After a short dig out pops this gun!!!!!!!!!!! at first glance i thought somebody may have lost the real thing ,but soon seen it was a very realistic toy lol. By this time the fingers were getting numb and the snow was falling faster. I decided to detect my way back to where I had parked and on the way got that sweet deep beep I love to hear! at about nine inches out comes a beautiful silver coin........a barber dime! Took me a year to get my first and a week later I get number 2! A nice 1916, the last year they were made. Hope ya all are stayin warm cause i am freezin my yush off, but still swingin!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• Picture 227.jpg
    Picture 227.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 228.jpg
    Picture 228.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 150

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slipperyjack47 said:
Took me a year to get my first and a week later I get number 2!

Ain't that the truth! That gun looks pretty real to me. Interesting! Love the Barber.

How much snow did you end up with down south there, Jack? We got 1.5 - 2 inches and the grass is completely covered.

Keep digging!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang Jack, you always have such great luck... what a great barber ... congrats big time to ya.. :thumbsup:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice ones Bubba! Little bit a snow is not going to stop me either! Not till the grounds frozen! Keep poundin the ground till it does freeze and good luck to ya! AMC

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Jack. I found a gun exactly like that one at a house just up the road from me. Now that your machine recognizes barbers, look out! Nice indians and ring in your other post as well. Wish I could get out right now but doubt I will be able to anytime soon. Keep it up!

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Nice nab on the Barber dime Jack. That fairground is gonna provide you years of fun. Each year you learn that detector better you'll still be able to pull some your missing now. Getting that time of year for research now. Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions