Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just got back from a tour of Global Marine Exploration Inc. in Tampa. WOW! What a great place. They have a real nice facility with a museum and display cases in the lobby. Jason (Scubafinder) gave me a tour of the place. The conservation lab is HUGE! With at least 20 work benches, storage racks, electrolysis stations and soaking bins. They have a lost wax casting system for making replica castings of the coins they recovered.

Almost all their inventory was gone, either to the upcoming Sedwick auction in Orlando or to an auction house in England but there was still enough left to impress me. Then we went in the back room with rows and rows of shelves filled with artifacts. They have some pweter plates that are buffed up to a shine like a mirror. GME's research library has all the usual treasure hunting books and some rare volumes (like Duro) and reference books on pottery, pweter and bottles.

I had a meeting Bobby Pritchard and he is a really nice guy with a serious vision of historic shipwreck preservation. I saw some of the archaeological reports they published and the quality exceeds anything I have seen from INA. I am a member of the Institute of Nautical Archaeology and I get the INA Quarterly but they have never published a book with all the artifacts they have recovered from any of their projects.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool pete! I gotta get down there sometime!

chuck.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for that Pete, we should have you writing press releases for us. :-) We enjoyed your visit as well, Bobby was impressed with the level of research you have done, as well as your expeditions on other continents. Looking forward to the future!

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread