OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I would like to thank both ChadO, and NJ marty for pointing me to that site. I went there, typed global warming into their site search and came up with the following articles;

September 20, 2006, Stronger Hurricanes linked to Global Warming

September 18, 2008, Oceans Warmer, Hurricanes stronger.

I realize these are older summations of research, but I tried querying "Global Warming Myth",, "Global Warming Follow the Money", "Global Warming is hoax", "Global warming does not exist" and a few other variable on their home page website and there were no returns. Why is that?

It was 96 degrees in Talkeetna Alaska on Monday, 623/13. Natives say (anecdotal evidence) it has never been that warm in Talkeetna Alaska EVER. What do you think might have caused that spike in temperature?

Guess you missed the first post. Earths average annual temperature is 58 degrees. I got that from the current issue of National Geographic Mag. Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess crisp was right nobody sees a Government take over. Why are we being forced to buy those Government light bulbs when we're not going to be able to afford the power to run them?

What exactly is a Government light bulb?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are right, earths average temperature is 58 degrees and it's climbing. It does not take much to make a difference when talking about averages. The high temp of 96 in Talkeetna Alaska last week should skew the averages for that town. The week of 90s in Seward, Anchorage and Juneau will do the same. Those are temperatures never seen before in that part of the country. Are they flukes? What happens when the seas rise? Are the seas rising? Scientific evidence says they are, why? I've always been under the impression that as water freezes it contracts, I won't state the obvious about what happens when it melts.

Carbon Dioxide is a heat trapping gas, currently the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is 400 parts per billion a number never seen before in recorded history. Do you feel comfortable with that increasing?

You can state that NOAA and NASA are just reporting things so they can obtain more funds. Personally, I don't think so.

great discussion, thanks.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 40s they said we were entering an Ice Age...well guess what, we didn't go into an ice age no more than we are going to burn up now...Florida has been completely covered in water several times and re emerged...natural changes.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are right, earths average temperature is 58 degrees and it's climbing. It does not take much to make a difference when talking about averages. The high temp of 96 in Talkeetna Alaska last week should skew the averages for that town. The week of 90s in Seward, Anchorage and Juneau will do the same. Those are temperatures never seen before in that part of the country. Are they flukes? What happens when the seas rise? Are the seas rising? Scientific evidence says they are, why? I've always been under the impression that as water freezes it contracts, I won't state the obvious about what happens when it melts.

Carbon Dioxide is a heat trapping gas, currently the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is 400 parts per billion a number never seen before in recorded history. Do you feel comfortable with that increasing?

You can state that NOAA and NASA are just reporting things so they can obtain more funds. Personally, I don't think so.

400 parts per Billion? You worry about that number but poo poo off 16 trillion. and how do you see co2?
What if the great Al gore was aborted What would we be calling this summer weather.
If as you say all the ice is melting wouldn't that have a cooling effect?
And JB a gov. light bulb are the ones they were trying to force you into buying. Under the guise of saving the planet.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
wow. national geographic....9th grade level reading material...pretty pictures an half the story.

guess you did not read far enough...or only as far as supported an untenable position.
Global Warming -- National Geographic

So, you consider average Earth temperature of 58 degrees to hot? I filter all my reading. The 58 is a fact.
It appears that you have not been on this Earth long enough to properly judge change. The Earth has been cycling long before man arrived. Frank...

rose on ice 700 this one.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

You left out a few things. You quote CO2 recorded numbers. The earth is billions of years old from scientist best guess. Man is a relative new comer. The Earth has been covered by tropic climates before and covered by ice before. No panic action by humans can stop it. I read somewhere that the greatest CO2 emissions come from animals, including man and volcanic eruptions. So you will have to hold your breath on this one. Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Back in the 40s they said we were entering an Ice Age...well guess what, we didn't go into an ice age no more than we are going to burn up now...Florida has been completely covered in water several times and re emerged...natural changes.

Hay, I remember that. I think it was the 4' of snow that triggered that one. I got to admit as a little kid, I built an igloo, but it was made of snow not ice.

Remember when they were having all the dust storms in OK. They were saying the area was turning into a desert. Never happened! Hay, those climate people have to justify there jobs just like the Archies. Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. national geographic....9th grade level reading material...pretty pictures an half the story.

guess you did not read far enough...or only as far as supported an untenable position.
Global Warming -- National Geographic

I suppose some believe all those NG mags are being saved in great numbers because of those great pictures. I'm sure you noticed the sheer weight of ..say a dozen of them. Well multiply that with the millions saved hidden in attics world wide. With all that extra weight it maybe slowing the spin of the earth. I'm sure most scientists have come to the conclusion that this can lead to Global warming. This observation is as stu pid as all those statements about MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Intelligent man! Thank you.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got done reading the current National Geographic website article concerning the environment and global warming. I would have to say it paints a much different picture that what someone else has been reading.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Just got done reading the current National Geographic website article concerning the environment and global warming. I would have to say it paints a much different picture that what someone else has been reading.

That's because they just present the facts. You have to supply the intelligent conclusion. Some people are just not up to that, especially the ones that consider it 9th grade material. Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg How about this picture. Looks great to me.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Geo Learning: Geographic Literacy in U.S. by 2025 - ArcNews Spring 2009 Issue

paragraph 12:
My point is about analysis. I believe that every American should understand how the attributes of a location and its relationship to other locations affect that location. Every adult should understand that his or her actions have predictable effects elsewhere and that what happens elsewhere affects them. Today, most Americans go from kindergarten through college without ever being taught how to trace causes forward or backward across space or to analyze spatial relationships in order to predict or explain

paragraph 4:
It's no secret that Americans know next to nothing about geography. The most recent National Geographic/Roper Poll (2006) found that half the 18–24-year-old Americans surveyed could not locate New York on a map of the United States, and nearly 6 in 10 could not locate Ohio.

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we're lucky today if half the kids graduating can read a coloring book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread