Global Warming*%#*

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
To end all blood vessel busting arguments, it is simple as to why alternative energy won't happen, be it wind turbines or solar, those require a one time charge, then maintainance like you would do on your car, fossil fuel on the other hand is a constant need, in other words, you run out you buy more..and there is the revelation!!! Its about the dollars and how many dollars they ( whomever they may be ) can continue to milk out of people.

If I had the choice I will take the turbines, sure birds will get smacked up, that's collateral damage, versus taking a precious resource from the dwindling aquafers by the trillions of gallons, filling it with terrible chemicals ( a lot of which are known carcinogens ) and drilling holes to bust up the earth and poison what's left of the fresh water...all for that continual dollar..if people would just open their eyes and see, but the big dollar spends a lot of big dollars keeping the shades drawn.

Not on my watch!

Mike

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Global warming has turned the state of West Virginia into a welfare state.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tp; "Do you personally think that we can continue to power all of the world's energy needs indefinitely using mostly fossil fuels?"

You are not listening, and you seem to be getting irate. I bid you ,,Adieu!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To end all blood vessel busting arguments, it is simple as to why alternative energy won't happen, be it wind turbines or solar, those require a one time charge, then maintainance like you would do on your car, fossil fuel on the other hand is a constant need, in other words, you run out you buy more..and there is the revelation!!! Its about the dollars and how many dollars they ( whomever they may be ) can continue to milk out of people.

If I had the choice I will take the turbines, sure birds will get smacked up, that's collateral damage, versus taking a precious resource from the dwindling aquafers by the trillions of gallons, filling it with terrible chemicals ( a lot of which are known carcinogens ) and drilling holes to bust up the earth and poison what's left of the fresh water...all for that continual dollar..if people would just open their eyes and see, but the big dollar spends a lot of big dollars keeping the shades drawn.

Not on my watch!

Mike

Ask OL ROY how he likes the 100s of turbines in his back yard next time you see him. Monstrous, noisy, I don't know how many of you metal detect or hunt arrowheads,, Try going through a forest of those,, The mighty dollar, the powers that be, will not usually allow it.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever been to Hawaii? I have seen this place,, an idea whose time hasn't come.
"Kamaoa Wind Farms" - South Point, Hawai`i - Windmills on Waymarking.com

e5e292b8-d225-451b-a215-3731f81a1814.jpg

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever seen the results of a fracking well ? I have and it ain't pretty, by comparison, a turbine is a piece of art.
Oh yeah and turbines do not poison everything and everybody, and they are beyond noisy, and they smell to the high heavens to the point you cannot tolerate being downwind of one.
Last time I checked there were over 82,000 fracking wells in the US which produced roughly 270 billion gallons of highly toxic wastewater, and put hundreds of millions of tons of pollution into the air we have to breathe.

So if you really want that crap versus some turbines that just make noise...well I can see, the dollar signs clouding your vision, nobody would chose poison over noise.
82,000 and climbing..of these.
View attachment 937807
View attachment 937808
View attachment 937809
Now really folks..which would you rather have in your backyard ?

Mike..Fighting hard for the little guy.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,, I worked on those wells,, because I am the little guy.. I had to go out and pay my own way when I was 17. I started working those when I was 18 and I was thankful those jobs were there! I have seen em you bet. And I have seen them when they leave, if you are wondering, that unit you posted doesn't stay around long, usually no more an a couple of months. You are being fed the wrong info.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh by the way, I fight for the country I love, it is ours to protect against those who choose to exploit and enrich a very small portion of the population, big energy spends, and I am guessing from all the commercials on TV and radio, and full length newspaper ads I have seen, probably in the 10's of millions of dollars to try and convince people it is good for them, why spend all that money ? Maybe to protect their dollars and keep it flowing.

Go ahead and keep spending those millions that we all are paying them to spend, and for the low low cost of FREE...I vow to keep undoing all their hard propaganda for free, because I actually care about the future, and future generations ability to have and enjoy a clean environment.

Nothing short of hitmen will I ever stray from my purpose of protecting my beautiful country, and the people that live here.
NO amount of money is worth destroying something so precious.

Mike

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you guys missing something? Wind generators there are towns that the wind powers. I forgot the number but each generator can power quite a bit of homes. Point to that is that technology can be upgraded. Less resistance so the turbine may spin faster. Better wrapped coils or maybe something else with higher yields of energy. They may already have multiple ideas of power at their disposal. They just are not wanting to change over because other countries would switch then our coal would just be paper weights.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You started with "hey let's look at your post" and then continued to completely tap dance around it? Did you actually address anything I said or did you just create a bunch of hand waving to try and make us all believe that you addressed some of the points?

The only one you got close on was the "price works both ways". Yes, the long term costs of solar have to be considered as well. But surely you agree that gas and electrical systems need to be replaced over time too. Solar is not alone in that regard.

Crime because we took away lighting in Chicago? Where in the world did I imply that we should take away any lighting in Chicago? Quite the contrary. What I tried to imply is that if we intend to keep this type of energy usage up then we need to find alternative energy sources (and yes, geothermal is a great option) if we intend to keep this up for the long term.

The question you need to answer is: Do you personally think that we can continue to power all of the worlds energy needs indefinitely using mostly fossil fuels? 100,000 years from now will there still be enough fossil fuels available to power our needs at today's (and tomorrow's) levels? If your answer is yes, then that is your belief and you are entitled to it (although I would disagree with you). If your answer is no, then you have to admit that we eventually need to look at alternatives sources of energy at some point. HOW we look at those alternatives and whether or not there is government intervention is a completely different argument.

____________________________________________________________-
I think we should continue to use what is available to us now until something better is developed for our use!
Why kill our industries and jobs before there is a viable alternative to extent them?
By the way, the original question was on Global Warming Theory. Do you defend that? Frank...

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I disagree with Dave, I still like the man, that's the best thing, debating while remaining courteous and polite, though I understand not everybody is like myself..so carry on lol.

Mike

It is true, We get along just fine. My typing is terrible and so I don't try to dabble in pleasantries and I wish no ill will to Mike or anyone else.. We don't agree on this issue,, But I am sure we will reach detente. lolol

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I cannot in good conscience believe in global warming, since the earth has been around a lot longer than we humans have been, and it will still probably be here after we are gone..unless of course the nerds with the hadron collider actually create the dark matter they are trying to create and suck the earth and everything for millions of light years around it into a massive new black hole lol :p
Feeble attempt at humor there Frankn..I tried.

Mike

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TrasurePirate, I hear you, and having lived in Europe for half my life you won't be able to talk much sense into hicky guys like Dave and them when it comes to alternative energy, FOX News has them thinking vaccinating your children against polio and measles is a communist plot to turn them into homosexual landscape painters and mimes and we should be carpet bombing Iran for sport. I drive a cab powered by CNG in San Francisco and will do so until late next summer when homeward I go, and let me tell you, with the Prius taxi, just a normal car with the taxi lights and whatnot, for $12 I can get nearly 300 miles out of it in a normal 14-18 hour shift! I'm a good ole boy from the South, I hunt and fish, metal detect and love NASCAR and artery clogging foods and I also love my green car! 300 miles for $12? And I make about $300 a day? FINE with me!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Global Warming is a Hoax for really ignorant people.

Fossil fuels - Willl someday run out.

Nuclear energy - Very dangerous.

Wind turbines - Bad for our Countries Bird and A waste of A LOT of good land.

Fracking - Dangerous and waste of good land.

They all suck, but we all need one or the other until something better comes along.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TrasurePirate, I hear you, and having lived in Europe for half my life you won't be able to talk much sense into hicky guys like Dave and them when it comes to alternative energy, FOX News has them thinking vaccinating your children against polio and measles is a communist plot to turn them into homosexual landscape painters and mimes and we should be carpet bombing Iran for sport. I drive a cab powered by CNG in San Francisco and will do so until late next summer when homeward I go, and let me tell you, with the Prius taxi, just a normal car with the taxi lights and whatnot, for $12 I can get nearly 300 miles out of it in a normal 14-18 hour shift! I'm a good ole boy from the South, I hunt and fish, metal detect and love NASCAR and artery clogging foods and I also love my green car! 300 miles for $12? And I make about $300 a day? FINE with me!

Sounds like you may have a problem with your emotional grasp of reality? Try not to call people names, it causes problems on this site.

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The world is not black and white. Please stop thinking in "binary"...

As for alternative energies, long term we simply have no choice. The biggest problem with most people and alternative energies is that they only look at the short term costs and ignore the long term costs. For example, they compare what it would cost to put solar panels on their roof with what they currently pay for electricity each year. Of course, solar panels are way more expensive so they loudly claim that solar panels and alternative energies are a farce. The problem with that type of short term thinking is that the fossil energy conglomerates can ALWAYS ensure that fossil fuels cost less than alternatives. Price of solar panels comes down? No problem, just drop the price of electricity until solar panels are more expensive again. Suddenly alternative sources of energy aren't as viable and people go running back to fossil fuels. If you think this doesn't already happen just take a look at how the interest in alternative energies wanes when the gas prices come back down again. But the long term costs of fossil fuels can't be disputed. I'm not talking about global warming here either. We simply cannot ignore these costs forever.

For the record, I'm not some tree hugger and I don't put much stock into the theories of global warming. However, you can't ignore that more and more damage is being done to the earth the longer we stay addicted to fossil fuels as our primary source of energy. We need alternatives. You can't fly over a big city like Chicago at night, see all of the energy being wasted in the city in nighttime lighting alone, and not think to yourself that this current situation is completely unsustainable in the long term. To just imagine how much coal is being consumed every day in this country to light our lights and let us rant here on Treasurenet is completely mind boggling to say the least. If you haven't had that "ah-ha" moment in your life then you owe it to yourself to book a flight over Chicago or NYC at night and just try to imagine the amount of power that is being consumed each and every second. Then multiply that by the thousands or even millions all over the world.

I know that you have some background in electronics so I would expect you to understand what I am talking about. The amount of energy we use every day to power all of these gadgets, lights, transportation, and all the rest cannot keep coming from the ground indefinitely. And if all we ever care about is the short term costs then some day we are going to get into a very bad situation.

Hey TrasurePirate, I hear you, and having lived in Europe for half my life you won't be able to talk much sense into hicky guys like Dave and them when it comes to alternative energy, FOX News has them thinking vaccinating your children against polio and measles is a communist plot to turn them into homosexual landscape painters and mimes and we should be carpet bombing Iran for sport. I drive a cab powered by CNG in San Francisco and will do so until late next summer when homeward I go, and let me tell you, with the Prius taxi, just a normal car with the taxi lights and whatnot, for $12 I can get nearly 300 miles out of it in a normal 14-18 hour shift! I'm a good ole boy from the South, I hunt and fish, am a vet as are all men in my family, metal detect and love NASCAR and artery clogging foods and I also love my green car!:headbang: 300 miles for $12? And I make about $300 a day? FINE with me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread