Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TrasurePirate, I hear you, and having lived in Europe for half my life you won't be able to talk much sense into hicky guys like Dave and them when it comes to alternative energy, FOX News has them thinking vaccinating your children against polio and measles is a communist plot to turn them into homosexual landscape painters and mimes and we should be carpet bombing Iran for sport. I drive a cab powered by CNG in San Francisco and will do so until late next summer when homeward I go, and let me tell you, with the Prius taxi, just a normal car with the taxi lights and whatnot, for $12 I can get nearly 300 miles out of it in a normal 14-18 hour shift! I'm a good ole boy from the South, I hunt and fish, am a vet as are all men in my family, metal detect and love NASCAR and artery clogging foods and I also love my green car!:headbang: 300 miles for $12? And I make about $300 a day? FINE with me!

Your attacks make your post irrelevent - Not related, not applicable, unimportant, not connected.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edward stop the insults....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who said anything about pushing something immediately? Why is the desire to start doing something for the future always perceived as trying to do something right away, right now, all at once, and at the expense of everyone in the world? Why do you keep trying to put words into my mouth that I never said? Where is this angst and why won't you just answer the simple question I have asked so many times?

Here it is again, either answer it or tell me why you can't answer it. Stop the tap dancing. Anything else is an admission that you CAN'T answer it because you know it shows that you don't have a leg to stand on:

Do you personally think that we can continue to power all of the world's energy needs indefinitely using mostly fossil fuels?

Indefinitely?? No. For several hundred more years? Yes. Hopefully in the interim...
We can come to grips with the benefits that outweigh the pitfalls of nuclear power.
We can improve the collection/recovery/storage methods of solar and wind power.
We can develop other sources of renewable energy that we are only dreaming or haven't dreamed of.

As far as MANKIND CAUSED global warming goes, at this point I am not convinced that it's anything more than a money grabbing government revenue generating BS scheme.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Think of all the damage the 'scientist' that presented this theory has done. He has killed the coal industry. The US has one of the largest, if not the largest reserve of coal in the world. He is indirectly responsible for legislation to head off GW. This legislation has killed industries and caused severe unemployment. The gov has spent BILLIONS backing alternate industries like solar and biodeisel. Most of these endeavors have failed. This economic downturn has reduced our standard of living all around. I wonder if this guy is still employed? Frank...
View attachment 937679 hay, maybe if we all start heating with coal we can warm it back up. Opps, the EPA, the great industry killer wouldn,t like that. They might drone you.
As a child the house was heated with coal for me. Still breathing. Despite the occasional clinker and smoke rising through the cracks in the floor boards.
While not using it am a fan of former renewable fuel wood heat and continue interest in bio-fuels from waste.
What became of the studies of glacial ice core samples showing fluctuations of temperature and ash fall out from volcanic activity over eons compared to our common short term records? Hard to try to find averages or anomalies with out a decent,(timewise,earths recent thousand years maybe.) scale to compare to. There seems to be a warming trend ,(again ?) on ice fields,its cause I,m not certain is from a hole in the ozone. Were that acceptable to me then the cause would be next. I do agree pollution travels well under the right conditions.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edward please keep politics out of thread..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What politics?

It was deleted...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Psheew. Thought I was being political and did not know it. Thanks for the reply.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frankn!! Of course he is still working!! That's the purpose of Big Gov't, keepem employed and PO as much of the Tax payers money as you can!! Have you ever thought how much a round of Golf cost us?? GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said you wondered if this guy was still employed. Unfortunately he is in the whitehouse.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hey Frankn!! Of course he is still working!! That's the purpose of Big Gov't, keepem employed and PO as much of the Tax payers money as you can!! Have you ever thought how much a round of Golf cost us?? GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

I think that round of gulf cost us over a million. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Are you guys missing something? Wind generators there are towns that the wind powers. I forgot the number but each generator can power quite a bit of homes. Point to that is that technology can be upgraded. Less resistance so the turbine may spin faster. Better wrapped coils or maybe something else with higher yields of energy. They may already have multiple ideas of power at their disposal. They just are not wanting to change over because other countries would switch then our coal would just be paper weights.
Let me ask ya a simple question. How did those wind generators get built ? How much energy was used in the manufacture of all the components that go into building one ? Oh.. nobody thought about that ? They want us to believe those giant windmills just appeared out of thin air ? Do you have any idea how much energy and natural resources the "cash for clunkers" program saved ? I can tell you. NONE, due to the resources used to build all the new cars that replaced the old ones. It also took food out of the mouths of American auto mechanics who would have made a living maintaining those older cars. All that program did was to help grow the economy of Japan since the vast majority of new cars sold were imports. Without getting political, pretty much any time the government sticks their nose in something it costs US money.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be willing to bet probably all the high income earners in D.C. that make our laws own quite a bit of stock in the big energy racket, so yep the gov is in that too, so I know that's costing US money too.

Mike
I agree, I think if you look at the cost of doing business, and gets passed on to us, with ALL large corporations you will find- campaign contributions, lobbying efforts, politically correct ads and disinformation campaigns. Along with old fashioned graft and crony capitalism, why isn't it against the law for politicians to do insider trading?

Since I assume it is a pandemic in the ruling class, which is not bounded by political party, I assume this isn't a partisan political post. But delete it if it is uncomfortable.

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
I believe in Natural Fuels, (they come from the earth) So mostly I heat my home here in the Northeast with Wood, Black Locust and Cherry. I get enough on my 14 acres from blow downs and trees that died.

But on this whole global warming thing..... I think there should be a class action suit against Al Gore!
He promised us twenty or more years ago, that if drastic action was not taken to stop it, we would be experiencing florida weather here in the North East, I got myself a orange tree and still have it, but have to bring it inside every winter.
Al Gore promised me global warming and he has NOT Delivered it, I should be enjoying 50-60 degree days by now, not this miserable winter in the teen's and single digits.

anyway, wood, and wood pellets, and even oil are renewable fuels and coal is plentiful, let us use what is there for us to use and when other technologies become economical, they then too will thrive. Let the market decide, not the doom sayers.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The creator has reserved the RIGHT to destroy this earth. He will not let man do it. To presume otherwise is folly. The HOAX of Global Warming feeds into certain political persuasions. Many on that side do not accept a creator as fact. Germany has shut down most of it's Nuke plants. Installed solar panels, jacked energy prices to be 6 times what Americans pay, then buys it's necessary Nuke power from FRANCE. Robbing Peter to pay Paul and claiming to be GREEN. Private enterprise will find any solutions needed until the Creator exercises his right.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuke power scares me, (collider even more) I live about 20 miles from the Pilgrim plant. If we ever had a natural or man made disaster that damages or wipes it out, I'm hot for 25,000 years, and not in a good way!!!

We may have to use what works best in different regions for fuel, solar in sunny places, wind power in windy places etc.
We need to make some sort of smooth transition so people aren't jobless, and we can still afford it. They need to start adopting good ideas and transitioning into them instead of burying them. We need to take greed out of the equation if we are to be successful in finding and using less or non polluting renewable energy sources. The hot air out of DC would be a good starting point! Necessity is the mother of invention, guess we're not there yet!

Sorry if I caused conflict or hi-jack Frankn's thread. Sorry Treasure hunter,it's a hard subject to discuss with out politics creeping in.
Wonder how much the polar shift is gonna cost us?

Is it spring yet?

Last edited:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The creator has reserved the RIGHT to destroy this earth. He will not let man do it. To presume otherwise is folly. The HOAX of Global Warming feeds into certain political persuasions. Many on that side do not accept a creator as fact. Germany has shut down most of it's Nuke plants. Installed solar panels, jacked energy prices to be 6 times what Americans pay, then buys it's necessary Nuke power from FRANCE. Robbing Peter to pay Paul and claiming to be GREEN. Private enterprise will find any solutions needed until the Creator exercises his right.

And the creator being?

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuke power scares me, (collider even more) I live about 20 miles from the Pilgrim plant. If we ever had a natural or man made disaster that damages or wipes it out, I'm hot for 25,000 years, and not in a good way!!!

We may have to use what works best in different regions for fuel, solar in sunny places, wind power in windy places etc.
We need to make some sort of smooth transition so people aren't jobless, and we can still afford it. They need to start adopting good ideas and transitioning into them instead of burying them. We need to take greed out of the equation if we are to be successful in finding and using less or non polluting renewable energy sources. The hot air out of DC would be a good starting point! Necessity is the mother of invention, guess we're not there yet!

Sorry if I caused conflict or hi-jack Frankn's thread. Sorry Treasure hunter,it's a hard subject to discuss with out politics creeping in.
Wonder how much the polar shift is gonna cost us?

Is it spring yet?

I like the part where you say bring greed out of everything. I have a friend that wrote a huge essay on how the world would be if everyone was equal and it showed how we could make our world turn to no currency and everything like that. Well her outlook on it was if everyone was equal we would all work. There was how ever extra perks you could get if you had a job. Such as a car it was a great essay and very well put together.

Sorry for the thread jack frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread