God bless our Vietnam Vets...

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
You never startled my Dad, not when he was sleeping. It took me a long time to see him as a man,
rather than my pa. The things he kept from me for my own good, I will never know.
He was 82nd in the dominican, then attached to an infantry unit in vietnam, any info on this, or pleiku would
be appreciated.
p.s. has anyone read "a bright shining lie"

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You never startled my Dad, not when he was sleeping. It took me a long time to see him as a man,
rather than my pa. The things he kept from me for my own good, I will never know.
He was 82nd in the dominican, then attached to an infantry unit in vietnam, any info on this, or pleiku would
be appreciated.
p.s. has anyone read "a bright shining lie"

Have the DVD, A Bright Shining Lie...

Hiram

Jan 25, 2013
Asheville NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was in country 66 thru 67 and came home to experience being spit on at airports and ridiculed. I was wounded at Kasahn in 67 and always wondered what happened to to the rest of my crew. I finally had a chance to go to the moving "wall" in my hometown and looking through the record books and found that none of my friends (I remembered their names distinctly) were listed. This was the only thing I had never let go of, it was an unpopular war and for lack of a better word "bad" war. Luckily I was ale to move on with my life, others weren't so lucky.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My granddaughter is in the Navy, stationed in Sicily, and with terrorism like it is and our military being targets all over the world, she is told NOT to travel in uniform. She uses luggage instead of a seabag to help avoid detection. Other steps are taken I won't go into detail about. The military traveling in uniform are those in groups going directly to or from combat zones or border countries. During Nam, everyone came home alone after their tours unless among a group of wounded or dead. Imagine a 19 year old coming home alone from what was killing and butchering in the jungles one day and back stateside the next being either ignored or treated like scum.
Our military needs all the respect and assistance this country can offer, especially those returning from combat action. It's a total disgrace the way our vets are treated by our government. They are nothing more than a budget problem when they return all shot up, burned up and screwed up. To many of our politicians, spotlighting vets and their heroic service, is nothing more than using them for political gain. We need more leaders in this country that are ex-military and not just a bunch of lawyers. Damn Crispin, am I still on topic? Nothing different about the Viet Cong and the so-called insurgents of today. They are a vicious enemy that will stop at nothing to kill and torture our people. We need to do more for our people when they come home.

Last edited:

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I think around 69.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
google this......you'll get a lot of info...pleiku vietnam 1969
I'll check with my buddy to see where he was then. I know he was all over including Cambodia and Laos although we weren't supposed to be there. :)
Welcome home Hiram. I went to the traveling wall a few times myself. You need to know the year of death and the town and state your friends were listed under to find them in those books they have. I'm sure by now though you can probably search a name using a database.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions