Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
If we are not our brother's keeper...

...let us at least not be his executioner.

Lately, I have noticed several posts that smelled like vengance. I do not judge these people for the world is full of peril and despair. However, "we are all children of a lesser God." I dedicate this thread to understanding those whose views differ from our own.

Crispin

House by the Side of the Road

Sam Walter Foss

There are hermit souls that live withdrawn
In the place of their self-content;
There are souls like stars, that dwell apart,
In a fellowless firmament;
There are pioneer souls that blaze the paths
Where highways never ran-
But let me live by the side of the road
And be a friend to man.

Let me live in a house by the side of the road
Where the race of men go by-
The men who are good and the men who are bad,
As good and as bad as I.
I would not sit in the scorner's seat
Nor hurl the cynic's ban-
And be a friend to man.

I see from my house by the side of the road
By the side of the highway of life,
The men who press with the ardor of hope,
The men who are faint with the strife,
But I turn not away from their smiles and tears,
Both parts of an infinite plan-
And be a friend to man.

I know there are brook-gladdened meadows ahead,
And mountains of wearisome height;
That the road passes on through the long afternoon
And stretches away to the night.
And still I rejoice when the travelers rejoice
And weep with the strangers that moan,
Nor live in my house by the side of the road
Like a man who dwells alone.

Let me live in my house by the side of the road,
Where the race of men go by-
They are good, they are bad, they are weak, they are strong,
Wise, foolish - so am I.
Then why should I sit in the scorner's seat,
Or hurl the cynic's ban?
Let me live in my house by the side of the road
And be a friend to man.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Great poem and thanks for sharing.......this quote comes to mind....."let he who is without sin cast the first stone"....seems apropos somehow.

Regards + HH

Bill

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....Some will never see that train light or hear the whistle blowing....

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....Some will never see that train light or hear the whistle blowing....

And some people just sit at the tracks for their entire lives waiting for that train to come and it never does.

And horses don't need leading to water they actually can do a much better job finding it on its own. Actually a person is much better off just following the horse instead of trying to lead him.

Best.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
And some people just sit at the tracks for their entire lives waiting for that train to come and it never does.

And horses don't need leading to water they actually can do a much better job finding it on its own. Actually a person is much better off just following the horse instead of trying to lead him.

Best.
I have acutely noticed you being analytical of everything,analyze all you want,it doesn't change anything,relax,calm down,GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD MAN.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker said:
I have acutely noticed you being analytical of everything,analyze all you want,it doesn't change anything,relax,calm down,GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD MAN.

Thats a pretty funny suggestion given that im not the one worried about gov takeovers, FEMA camps, the UN, conspiracies, the repeal of the second amendment. Actually perfectly relaxed. And plan in using my god given brain to its fullest ability until the day I die. Hopefully you will do the same. Dont let others do your thinking for you. I wish you the best of luck.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a pretty funny suggestion given that im not the one worried about gov takeovers, FEMA camps, the UN, conspiracies, the repeal of the second amendment. Actually perfectly relaxed. And plan in using my god given brain to its fullest ability until the day I die. Hopefully you will do the same. Dont let others do your thinking for you. I wish you the best of luck.

I do think for myself,when you see storm clouds gathering do you make preparations,or do you just stand and get rained on.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker said:
I do think for myself,when you see storm clouds gathering do you make preparations,or do you just stand and get rained on.

Well talker you can ""analyze all you want,it doesn't change anything,relax,calm down,GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD MAN.""

Does that advice sound familiar. Which is it?? Best of luck to you.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not oblivious to what's going on, I'm just a professional avoider of drama, whining, and other related crap :laughing7:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spartacus53 said:
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not oblivious to what's going on, I'm just a professional avoider of drama, whining, and other related crap :laughing7:

I'm hearing you man - pretty fatigued myself. I guess there will just always be people who just will not come out of the bunker. Hopefully they all don't end up like the other bunker guy for all of our sakes.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I recon there will always be those that will not see the forest for the trees.To bad.

lil wayne

Feb 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a shame that our government and religious right has divided our country so bad we are no longer our brothers keepers. I saw this coming years ago with the outlawing of cock fighting that was freedoms last stand and was laughed at when I ask for help from NRA and big guns telling them guns would be next guess they are not laughing any more...

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker said:
I recon there will always be those that will not see the forest for the trees.To bad.

And always some who just don't see. Best luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread