goin thru the motions for 60 Minutes.......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goin' thru the motions for 60 Minutes.......

is how I felt today.
Just couldn't get the energy.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

turned My detector on & Cherry picked.

Gas rebate 63 cents

DSCF0018.JPG

and a (E.T.F. Pat. 1892}
E. T. Fraim Keystone Padlock

were my only digs

DSCF0005.JPG DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0009.JPG

and on the way home a Road treasure.
approx. 6' Piece of Copper wire

DSCF0010.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is how I felt today.
Just couldn't get the energy.

I know exactly how you feel, Jeff. For about the last week now, life has heaped a heavy load on me. Couldn't even muster the effort to turn on TNET for a while there. I seem to be improving now, but MAN!! What a week!

I'm envious that you could hunt at all!

By the way, when does it air? :icon_scratch:

;)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly how you feel, Jeff. For about the last week now, life has heaped a heavy load on me. Couldn't even muster the effort to turn on TNET for a while there. I seem to be improving now, but MAN!! What a week!

I'm envious that you could hunt at all!

By the way, when does it air? :icon_scratch:

;)

thanks ! allot of what it is with me,
I keep hitting the same spots over & over ,
then last week one of my hunting buddies
took me to a new spot & I was happy with the results.
Now back to the same old Grind.

it makes it like when I was a teen & Monday came around, and I had to go to School.

Felt like I should have took a Rip off day (play hookie) :laughing7:

Anyway ? when does what air ?, Apparently "old-timers" has got me saying Huh :tongue3:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Lock Jeff!!

Finding anything in that place is a good day!

Dave

Thanks Dave !

I can't believe how & where I pulled the lock out.

General area where I put the red square

DSCF0004.JPG

at maybe 4" tops

sounded like quarter or my first twist off bottle cap of the day :tongue3:

Considering how trashy That area is,
& I haven't been able to separate targets there
since the 80's with my Whites 6000-D I was rather surprised .

I think that area still carries some oldies
but needs something that can really separate, or be weak enough to ignore the tiny
crap.

I tell ya that park would be the ultimate test garden
for new detectors , you've got areas that have been hammerd
for the past 50+ years to the point of being
beyond signals, and spots todays sensitivity won't let you separate targets.

anything that can find multiple silver or other oldies, in that spot again,
(not just one by luck)
would be the ultimate detector :tongue3:

Last edited:

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Amazing that you found it in that area! I know we have both been there before and you're right some areas of that park are a long walk between signals and others are constant chatter!

I'd love to borrow a Deus or a CTX 3030 and run through there for a day. Even the Garrett AT Pro may do something there based on all the reviews that talk about the speed and separation ability of that machine. One thing is for sure, our Minelabs are damn good but they are not fast when it comes to separation and recovery. The Etrac shines with the TTF settings but even that is tough to take in areas with a high amount of "modern" trash.

Maybe the next Fisher will be the ticket......we can only hope!

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same way as you about hitting the same spots. Another reason i have been paying more attention to Archery season coming up. Nice job Jeff

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff , I certainly don't pretend to have your level of knowledge about detecting (I'm only nine years into this thing ) but I have noticed
really positive results with a small "sniper coil" on my White's MXT. for separating between the rubbish and the goodies (6X4" elliptical)
Minelab must make some excellent little coils for this as well !

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing that you found it in that area! I know we have both been there before and you're right some areas of that park are a long walk between signals and others are constant chatter!

I'd love to borrow a Deus or a CTX 3030 and run through there for a day. Even the Garrett AT Pro may do something there based on all the reviews that talk about the speed and separation ability of that machine. One thing is for sure, our Minelabs are damn good but they are not fast when it comes to separation and recovery. The Etrac shines with the TTF settings but even that is tough to take in areas with a high amount of "modern" trash.

Yes if we ever need a test spot, That's it :laughing7:

Thanks to WD-40
I was able to get parts moving on the Lock.
Thankfully the Locking mechanism is still frozen
laughing7.gif
I didn't find a Key :tongue3:

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0002(1).JPG

DSCF0004(1).JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same way as you about hitting the same spots. Another reason i have been paying more attention to Archery season coming up. Nice job Jeff

Thanks Tex & good luck ! Hopefully you get your deer bagged early,
and can relax & get back to looking for new sites also.

Last two years we had snow in october,
This upsets me that we are in October again already.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff , I certainly don't pretend to have your level of knowledge about detecting (I'm only nine years into this thing ) but I have noticed
really positive results with a small "sniper coil" on my White's MXT. for separating between the rubbish and the goodies (6X4" elliptical)
Minelab must make some excellent little coils for this as well !

I have a 6" Excelerator Coil from Kellyco.
It has great depth. I just feel like I'm not covering ground when I use it.
and mainly throw it on for hunting close to Fence

kw509

Sep 13, 2013

Teknetics T2 will handle that.

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garret Pro-Pointer, Lesche Digger, Minelab Pro-Swing 45
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too bad of a day for what its worth. You were out in nice weather. Funny thing is that wire is "CommScope Aerial RG-6 Cable". I am a Comcast Technician and have thousands and thousands of feet of it haha. The outer steel wire that you strip back is called "Messenger Wire" that we peel back to attach it to J or P hooks on poles to secure it. You can pull the copper center conductor out pretty easily in foot long increments if you cut it down to foot sections and take some pliers to the copper and pull. Just a little customer Ed haha :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too bad of a day for what its worth. You were out in nice weather. Funny thing is that wire is "CommScope Aerial RG-6 Cable". I am a Comcast Technician and have thousands and thousands of feet of it haha. The outer steel wire that you strip back is called "Messenger Wire" that we peel back to attach it to J or P hooks on poles to secure it. You can pull the copper center conductor out pretty easily in foot long increments if you cut it down to foot sections and take some pliers to the copper and pull. Just a little customer Ed haha :thumbsup:

Thanks "B" :thumbsup:

:laughing7: I figured Comcast must have did a Repair in the area, & either dropped it accidentally or
accidentally on purpose. :laughing7:
Throwing it in the trash Burner gets rid of the coating on wire too :tongue3:
Used to do that all the time.
Been years since I saved copper wire though, Maybe this is a hint I should start again.

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garret Pro-Pointer, Lesche Digger, Minelab Pro-Swing 45
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks "B" :thumbsup:

:laughing7: I figured Comcast must have did a Repair in the area, & either dropped it accidentally or
accidentally on purpose. :laughing7:
Throwing it in the trash Burner gets rid of the coating on wire too :tongue3:
Used to do that all the time.
Been years since I saved copper wire though, Maybe this is a hint I should start again.

Haha not a problem. Yeah we carry so much of it and trash after a days work from repairs that sometime it may drop out of the van or truck. Sometimes even up on the poles we will cut the old stuff and coil it up like that before we drop it to make easier cleanup when we hit the ground but forget when we get back down.

Hey burning works too but there is a copper conductor with a dielectric compound and a steel braid around that as well before the jacket. Might be easier to plyer it out when it comes to small pieces like that. Funny thing is, when I usually get small pieces like that I end up pulling the copper out and making little things on break for the wife (Figures, hearts, holders, etc) to put on her desk at work haha.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha not a problem. Yeah we carry so much of it and trash after a days work from repairs that sometime it may drop out of the van or truck. Sometimes even up on the poles we will cut the old stuff and coil it up like that before we drop it to make easier cleanup when we hit the ground but forget when we get back down.

Hey burning works too but there is a copper conductor with a dielectric compound and a steel braid around that as well before the jacket. Might be easier to plyer it out when it comes to small pieces like that. Funny thing is, when I usually get small pieces like that I end up pulling the copper out and making little things on break for the wife (Figures, hearts, holders, etc) to put on her desk at work haha.

WOW that was easy enough,

DSCF0001.JPG

Considering I had to use a Scissors
instead of looking for my wire Stripper.

I guess I'll have to look harder under them Poles :laughing7:

I'm on my way to the Big Time, Or Big house
I guess :tongue3:

Thanks again !

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW that was easy enough,

View attachment 874258

Considering I had to use a Scissors
instead of looking for my wire Stripper.

I guess I'll have to look harder under them Poles :laughing7:

I'm on my way to the Big Time, Or Big house
I guess :tongue3:

Thanks again !

Haha nice! Glad it worked so easy for your. Older cable is easier as the elements break it down a little inside. New cable is super "tacky" inside so its much harder. Hey just imagine how much you could have if you found a piece like that every time you went out! ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread