Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Had court today.

Upon entering the Federal Courthouse I thought things were looking up. This fat boy did not have to climb two flights of stairs today because the elevator was finally fixed.

Wrong.

In order to gain entry today, myself and the attorney who entered with me were both required to remove our belts. I asked the Marshall if I would get in trouble should my trousers drop, but he didn't find it funny.

It used to be that if a belt buckle triggered the metal detector they would just confirm with their Garrett pinpointer that it was the culprit. They are no longer allowed to use it.

Did Garrett come out in favor of the Second Amendment or something?

Then again, maybe they've been reading Tnet's forum :icon_scratch:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had court today.

Upon entering the Federal Courthouse I thought things were looking up. This fat boy did not have to climb two flights of stairs today because the elevator was finally fixed.

Wrong.

In order to gain entry today, myself and the attorney who entered with me were both required to remove our belts. I asked the Marshall if I would get in trouble should my trousers drop, but he didn't find it funny.

It used to be that if a belt buckle triggered the metal detector they would just confirm with their Garrett pinpointer that it was the culprit. They are no longer allowed to use it.

Did Garrett come out in favor of the Second Amendment or something?

Then again, maybe they've been reading Tnet's forum :icon_scratch:

The pinpointer probably looks too much like a gun.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nah, the Marshalls weren't too happy about the new procedures. Those guys work hard to be nice to everyone, and I assure you they are not anti-gun. (I sometimes get to talk with them on slow days)

These are employees of the Federal Government and as such have rules they must operate under.

They're such nice guys, I started to bring in a collection small of knives I own to gift to each of them . . . but when I asked one of them how I could do that I found out (1) they can't leave their post while on duty, and (2) if I bring them into the building --- even to give away to the marshalls --- I will be arrested for breaking the law.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
" These are employees of the Federal Government and as such have rules they must operate under."

Hmm, much like the TSA then?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread