Going on first beach hunt w/ 2500, couple of questions

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
I'll be heading to the beach next weekend for the first time with my GTI 2500, hoping to strike it rich in the knee deep water area.

I've loved using it in both fields and tot lots over the last year, and I usually hunt in Jewelry mode with great luck.

Can someone explain how the Salt Elimination works? I'm assuming that this is what it is used for.
Is Jewelry mode the best for beach or do you usually use All-metal mode?
For beach hunting should I use the stock 9.5" or the 12.5" coil?
And I'll be using a sand scoop thingy, so do I need a pinpointer?

Thanks for any tips,
Paul

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my gti2500 at the beach alot works great on wet sand...don't use deep seeking mode
in salt water to sensitive, jewelry mode is good, I use 9.5 coil with good results
my machine does not have the new chip installed just don't use to much sensitivity
you should be ok I usually don't hunt in the surf only about 3-5 inches deep then work my
way back to the dry sand this works for me. pinpoint is to sensitive or did you mean a hand
held propointer it must be water proof :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
outdoors said:
I use my gti2500 at the beach alot works great on wet sand...don't use deep seeking mode
in salt water to sensitive, jewelry mode is good, I use 9.5 coil with good results
my machine does not have the new chip installed just don't use to much sensitivity
you should be ok I usually don't hunt in the surf only about 3-5 inches deep then work my
way back to the dry sand this works for me. pinpoint is to sensitive or did you mean a hand
held propointer it must be water proproof :thumbsup:

See if I got this right...
Salt elimination on, 9.5" coil, adjust sensitivity lower than higher, go at low tide and work between ankle-deep and dry sand. Use scoop, not the pinpointer. Simple enough. I'm so pumped, hoping to get some goodies, too bad I'll only have a few hours this time...

Thanks for the response!

Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread