Going to Daytona Beach

ROCKITV8

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008
I will be going to Daytona Beach next week and will be taking my Whites DFX with a Eclipse 950 coil (only one I have) Will this be good to use there and what settings should I use? I have never hunted on a beach before and havn't used this machine to much since I just got it not to long ago. Can I stick the coil in shallow water or will this hurt it if it gets wet? Thanks in advance for the help !!

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put it in the beach mode and go.....Matt

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and rub it in.

Still have multiple inches of white crap on the ground here around Kansas City. Can't even tell I have a driveway in the back of the house.

I wish you the best of luck!

Bob

OP
OP
R

ROCKITV8

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008
Thanks, going down for the 500. I work for the road dept. here in Austintown, Ohio and I have had my fill of snow can't wait to get outta here! I just don't know if I can put my coil in the water or not and is the950 a good coil to use on the beach?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure you do not lift the coil higher then the control box, water will run down the inside of the shaft to the control box. If it isn't windy and the surf is calm there should be no problem with salt mist........

Just so you know, Daytona Beach is sanded in real bad now......

PI PRO

Mar 21, 2009
deland, florida
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, minelab excalibur 2
sanded in is a understatement, there is about 6 feet to much sand right now. went monday, started in ponce inlet, worked my way to flagler, got some clad. not a good report, but good luck. :-[

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent two partial days detecting the low tide runoffs and tidal pools at New Smyrna with an Excal & WOT and it's not been very impressive. Some recent clad has been about it. Need something to come along and remove a lot of the sand, or a lot of steaming hot weather and truck loads of beach goers.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Daytona Beach gets detected hard so you'd better get out there early if you're going to hunt with the pros.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It's been really sanded in from Daytona to Ormond.... My suggestion is go where the people are in the water. Then again I think our water temp is about 59 right now so there may not be many people in it. Good luck to you :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beach Season here starts Febuary 21, 2011

Spring Break 2011

February 21-25, 2011 -- About 350,000 (University of Ottawa, University of Toronto, University of Calgary, University of Waterloo)
February 28-March 4, 2011 -- 156,026 (Northeastern, U of Michigan, Western Michigan, Western Carolina)

March 7-11, 2011 -- 1,714,927 (Penn State, Université de Montréal, Gonzaga, U of Central Florida, MSU [Michigan], ISU [Illinois]), NCSU, U of NC, U of SC, U of SD)

March 14-18, 2011 -- 2,212,500 (ASU, NYU, Purdue, Rutgers, U of Minnesota, U of Massachusetts, Texas Tech, CSU [Colorado], George Mason, ISU [Iowa], Texas A&M, TSU [Texas], U of Georgia, U of Iowa, U of Kentucky, U of Oklahoma, USC, U of Texas, WSU (Washington)

March 21-25, 2011 -- 885,000 (UC Berkeley, Kent State, Clemson, Kansas State, U of Colorado, U of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, U of Oregon, U of Maryland, U of Utah, Columbia)

March 28-April 1, 2011 -- 887,901 (U of Hawaii, CU Boulder, U of Missouri-Columbia)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread