Going to Florida/Georgia...Any Info is appreciated.

T

T Vernon

Taking a break from all this cool weather in the mountains and am heading down to enjoy the heat! HEHE Actually Airfare was so cheap I couldn't resist. Will be staying on the beach near St. Augustine. Should I just hunt the beach or should I go to other areas? Just plan on relaxing and having fun. I will also be traveling to St. Simons Island, Georgia. Where can I find out about special regs for Florida and Georgia? Thanks in Advance!
Travis

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

T Vernon

BTW I use a Whites MXT...any specific gear advice also appreciated.
Travis

Silver Striker

Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
Hey Travis. St.Augustine is the oldest town in Florida, so I'm sure that you can find some relics and antiques there. Not sure exactly where to look though. But, you can hunt the beach, anywhere between the dunes and the low tide line. You might even be able to dive for treasure up there, but you may want to check first. I bet there are better places to hunt than the beach, in St. Augustine though. I think there might have been a Civil War fort up there, if you're interested in Civil War relics. Not sure how close to it that you can metal detect though. As far as Georgia goes, if you're anywhere near Dahlonega, there are some great gold nugget streams up there, but you will have to pay a small fee to hunt there, as the land is all leased. Unless you can find a bridge that goes over one of those streams, that's not on a leased property. If you do go there, bring a pan and a shovel, as well as an MD. You can buy one there, if you don't have one. Good luck and let us know how you did, SS

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Stick a spoon in the ground in St. Augustine, and you’ll be posting from the hoosegows ;)
Your always such a bright and cheery poster SWR. ::)
TVernon-Stick to the beach,you'll have no problems.Get written permission on private property,you'll have no problems.Stay away from anything public.The town's too old.Too much history there.No detecting allowed for the most part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread