apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the week of July 19th, Mr. Apush & I will trample the beaches of Galveston. As such, several things will take place. Among those are metal detecting for me while Mr. Apush downs a Budlight or two, and I will pick up 4 boxes at a local bank (yippee!!!) on the way home.

I told one of my banks that I would be on vacation and if they could call their "sister branch" in Galveston to order my traditional boxes. They said yes.

I am very curious to know how those boxes will turn out compared to mine at home. Galveston is about a six hours drive from my home town. My boxes at home have not been so hot lately, so it really can't be any worse.

Time to hit the sack and get ready for school in the morning. Yawn.

I am sooo ready for a vacation! :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats a neat idea! Good luck with the MDing and the boxes. Enjoy the beach!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush , You have fun ! and good luck with silver finds , and metal detecting ! I must say
that even though we all will find more silver CRH-ing than metal detecting , there is nothing
like the thrill of digging silver from the ground ( and gold as well ). Cheers ! Argentium.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Galveston is no different than anywhere else except for a couple local CRHer's that dominate the relatively few banks there.
Lots of older, wiser tellers who will gladly sell you dumps.
Hurricane Ike evacuation "flushed" out a lot of the old vaults which were restocked with clad.
Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread