Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bja3908 said:
I hope to get to Arkansas in the spring to hunt crystals Let me hear what I can expect to find and places to stay in the area

Mt. Ida is also a place to hunt 'Crystals, stop in at 'Judys rock shop', on the left coming west from Hot Springs, she is a
friend of mine, also try 'Jay's Crystal Bonanza' almost to downtown on the right going west, He has some of the AR fossil's I
have traded him.

Fossis...............

Upvote 0

kglong

Feb 19, 2007
Marengo, IA.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites 6000, Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax,Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bja3908,
When I go down to Mt. Ida I like to go to Fiddlers Ridge mines. The rock shop is located east on highway 270 and the mines are kind of southeast of town. You go to the rock shop and pay for the mines and they give you a map showing the way to the mines. The best time to go in the mines are right after they open some veins with dynamite. The last time we went down there we got in right after they dynamited and had the best luck of all. Look at my post on here and see some of the finds from that mine. There are a few camp spots around or there is one mine that has a cabin you can rent by the day also. Can't remember the name of the place, but it is around Mt. Ida somewhere. Good Luck finding your crystal's. :thumbsup:
kglong

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread