Going to the beach 1st time (where to look)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jeff, and welcome to TN.

You don't say what kind of detector you have and that would make a difference, if it is water proof or not, if it reacts to heavy salt mineralization. It's like saying, "I'm going fishing, where should I go?" We need to know what your got to work with in order to help you much.

Generally you would look at the beach and see where people are sitting, laying down and playing and check those areas. If it is water proof, move into the water and look for cuts and holes where it drops off suddenly. Remember drops in high tides are in different locations then low tide, but most drops end up being moved with the surf and tides. Always check cuts and holes in the beach, especially where rip currents may have worked on the beaches.

Always check the beach access paths, paths to bathrooms, showers, anything like that. I found a nice diamond ring not 4 feet from wooden stairs leading off the beach the last 5 secs of a hunt. If I had stop hunting I would not have found it.

Check this link out and read all it has for Beach and water hunting. http://thegoldenolde.com/

Good luck and good hunting

OP
OP
Dig-Racing

Dig-Racing

Aug 20, 2007
Coopersburg, PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks,

I filled in more info. I will check out the site and let everyone know if I find anything.

jeff

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Between the low and high tide lines.In a zigg search pattern :) Good luck!!
Rob

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Rob is right..low tide times are the best...more area you'll have to increase your chances.And cover as much ground as you can

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tide timing true, I try to hit the beach at least 3 hours minimum before low tide and hunt 1 to 2 hours past low tide at least if at all possible.

I'm 55 miles away from Daytona, if i lived close enough, I would hunt any time of the day, every day. ;D

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Hello Dig and welcome to Tnet. I hunt the beaches also and the type of equipment you use does matter. Try the dry sand first as it is easier to dig and should produce some clad and possibly some other goodies. If your machine can handle the wet sand or can go in the water play the tides. The goldennode site has a wealth of information that I have used. Also, check out the Beach & Shallow Water location on this site. Great Tips and useful information.
HH Roy

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the sand left where people are buried with sand. I found nice dive watch buried where left wrist was, wrist strap had come un-buckled.

Check all sand castles also, adults play with their kids there and jewelry comes off from the sunscreen and wet hands..

Look for the large holes left from beach umbrellas and search around them. Look for the lines left from beach chairs loungers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread