Going to try a SEF coil on the Vaquero

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vaquero44 said:
ordered a 10 x 12 SEF coil for the vaquero got it from kellyco for 129.00 shipped call them if you want that price, and hopefully will get more goodies using this!

Are you going to rework old patches?

Attachments

• Vaq44.jpg
    Vaq44.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ruger vaquero you got there and yes rework some area's and to do a lot field swinging

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vaquero44 said:
nice ruger vaquero you got there and yes rework some area's and to do a lot field swinging

Your handle inspired me! :headbang:

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the Tesoro vaquero in the begining inspired me to take the name LOL! and yes we will keep everybody posted!

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
Using the stock coil myself...what does the SEF coil do that the stock coil doesn't do...does it go deeper? Is it mainly for "relic" hunters?

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i've had one on my Deleon before and i got 2 1/2" more depth on a quarter have a vid air testing with it, and if you field hunt like i do it has alot more coverage and stability as well and the size is a 10 x 12" and i've had tesoro's version to and did'nt like how it performed plus is heavier

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
I'm looking forward to your "field" assessment particularly the downside and also if you were able to compensate for any short comings. I'm reading up more on coils now.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we'll definitly keep everyone posted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread