Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pretty common. Not worth more than face value but if you like them they are worth keeping. Some people make a collection of the oddities they find CRH. Today I found a Bahama 50 cent coin from 1970. I kept it because it was my first one found but I doubt it is worth 50 cents. I have a three ring note book filled with 2X2's of all the weird stuff I have found. I like the strange finds - makes it interesting. The gold plated is again pretty common but I saved a few for my three ring notebook...I would now throw it back as I have a few. I got a 1964 gold plated once - that went into the notebook.

Maine_Jim

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
here are a couple I found and kept.....

Attachments

• goldies.jpg
    goldies.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 159

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I throw most of those back unless they look like Mojo's.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found quite a few gold plated kens. I've kept all of them that still looked nice

OP
OP
P

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Thanks for the info. It sure is a good looking coin.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maine_Jim said:
Pretty common. Not worth more than face value but if you like them they are worth keeping. Some people make a collection of the oddities they find CRH. Today I found a Bahama 50 cent coin from 1970. I kept it because it was my first one found but I doubt it is worth 50 cents. I have a three ring note book filled with 2X2's of all the weird stuff I have found. I like the strange finds - makes it interesting. The gold plated is again pretty common but I saved a few for my three ring notebook...I would now throw it back as I have a few. I got a 1964 gold plated once - that went into the notebook.

Maine_Jim

The Bahama 50 cent piece is worth 50 cents USD, so you didn't lose on the deal if you can make it to the Bahamas to spend it. I checked a currency converter.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i keep the really nice condi. ones, but like others said, not worth more than face...in face, as far as numismatic value, the gold plated coins are actually worth less. go figure! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread