Gold And Silver to Date One i still cant belive

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
Ok i have been out about 20 or so times already this year and i relised that i havent post realy that much so here goes.

First is a sterling silver earring,
second is a stirling silver charm (broken while diging)
Third is a stirling silver charm snow flake (hate the snow but wont pass this up)

AND FORTH THE BEST THAT BLEW ME AWAY. It is a 18k gold boxing glove that weights out at 4.75 oz this blew me away and i took it to 3 gold dealers to make sure of this . it was at a local fairs grounds, where these used to hold out door boxing matches. it was about 15 inchs down and gave off a scared signal. i was about to give up when i saw it in the botem of the hold starting to poke out. this area has produced a lot of oldies pre 1920's for me now this what a find. I have locked in up at the bank till i decied what to do. Sell for a better md or what ever that i will decied later.

fifth was a silver 1944 Quarter that came from the same sight as the glove and about 4 inchs deep.

thanks for looking ans keep up the good work.

Attachments

• S5030403.JPG
    S5030403.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,015
  • S5030404.JPG
    S5030404.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,022
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
lets see 18 K is 75 % pure gold --- at a weight of 4 .75 oz of gold x . 75 pure is 3.5625 oz of pure gold ---wow over 3 1/2 oz of gold --(at the current 969.60 per oz thats $ 3,434 . 20 !!! ) --- I gotta wonder who the boxing "champ" was that once held the "title" and lost it was ---. it had to hurt him to lose that "title" --

and if your getting 15 inches of depth --you don't need a new machine -- just a new digger most likely .

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd take that over a gold coin any day. That's one heck of a find! :thumbsup:

S

seger98

Wow, that is one heck of a find, almost 15 inches down? You don't need a new detector I wouldn't think. Congratulations on all the finds!

Chris

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That is an unusual and very cool find. A whopper for sure. You couldn't expect that during the Rush in Cali! Wow and I too vote for a BANNER! WTG......... :thumbsup: jgas

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Yeah That glove is awesome.

That sucker would have sank deep. Do you have a idea how old it is. I'd but that on a nice rope and wear it for life.

HH Jer

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Looks like you've had a great start to a year which will even get better. You might see me detecting there in Indy because I hit the Parks eight or ten times a year!!

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Now that's a knock out punch, very nice nugget.
Congrats :thumbsup:

Sir Digs-A-Lot

Sep 14, 2008
Orlando Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II and ACE 250
Don't sell it purely for the gold value. I would do some research on the major prize fights at that location. The collectible value must surely outweigh the gold value. My guess is it fell off a Championship Belt or a trophy/award of some kind. Maybe the Boxing Hall of Fame can help you identify it's origin... http://www.ibhof.com/ibhfhome.htm That's a banner find! Congrats and Good Luck!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY SMOKES!!! :o That gold find is a knockout!!! :thumbsup:
Congrats to you.
Hoosiers rule!!!!
-MM-
(also a Hoosier :tongue3: )

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...don't forget...that's a large target so it can be detected deeper...plus I'm sure it gave off a sweet, pure signal...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread