kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much!All the kind words is almost overwhelming!I have been looking forward everyday to checking my replies almost as much as I have been to get back down to the "spot"!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope you get back to that area soon...I would drive 4 days for a chance at finds like that!!!

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cookiemonster351 said:
All I can say is wow!
Keep on diggin!!!!
cookiemonster351
I gotta tell ya I love your Avatar!!!!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear quite often about how lucky we are here on the East Coast with all the colonial and large copper finds, but whenever I see one of those West Coast gold finds, I get green with envy!

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side!

Congratulations on a terrific haul!!!

Neil

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I cannot remember a more powerful posting on here except maybe Night Stalker who found a whole brick-lined pit filled with burlap-wrapped gold coins (and his find was crazy even w/out pictures)...this is an incredible find, especially considering how it appears to be just dropped randomly in the middle of nowhere.
The idea someone proposed of them being "dropped while galloping away from a posse" is not entirely without merit....the fact that the immediate area was searched futher and produced nothing supports a sudden drop and not a cache.
I would look at the saddle you referred to as the probably route a rider might take on horseback and try to extend the path in either direction from the perspective of someone riding a horse quickly through that unique topography. Then sweep this path say 10ft wide for some distance in either direction from your hot spot.

That's some serious coinage!...congrats on the banner.

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can say this is one of the few post that i have called my father in law, brother in law and several friends to come look at.
They are all amazed and hopefully they will all become detectorist also.
Truly awesome finds...

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies!Danimal I also think the possibility of an ambush or of a fleeting drop is a strong possibility.we searched the area hard in a 50 yard circle,but we will be searching a little more in depth on our next trip.I am presently researching deeper to try to connect some dots.There was a lot of Spanish activity in the area.Allen I am glad you are trying to get your family involved.I got my Dad and cousin involved several years ago and now we are quite the team!Its a good opportunity to spend some quality time together,and you dont have the trust issuesthat I have ran into in the past.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
WHat a beautiful gold coin, congrats on that inspirational find and the other great digs too.

Way to go!!!!! Thanks for sharing your treasure!

Golden smiles!
BDoo

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its doesnt get any better than that ! Awesome finds !!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was one hell of a hunt. Congrats on the old silver and gold.

NJ

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
How did I miss this the first time around?! What an incredible day; those halves alone would have been sufficient, but to add a $10 gold piece? Fantastic! Congratulations on the banner; that is one beautiful coin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread