All Treasure Hunting

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's stories like this that remind me why I took up this hobby.......

:wav: OUTSTANDING FINDS :wav:

L

lovedigging

Kuger, I thought this coin and story deserved to be back at the top one more time, Way to go :thumbsup:

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
Kuger,
I must admit I'm really not a "coin hunter" as all of my hunting is for CW relics but those sure would have gotten me excited!!!!
Awesome BUNCH on coins, great job with the pictures of the hunt, a day you will NEVER forget!!!

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tcooper1 said:
Kuger, I thought this coin and story deserved to be back at the top one more time, Way to go :thumbsup:
Thanks I appreciate that!!!
dcooper1 said:
Kuger,
I must admit I'm really not a "coin hunter" as all of my hunting is for CW relics but those sure would have gotten me excited!!!!
Awesome BUNCH on coins, great job with the pictures of the hunt, a day you will NEVER forget!!!
I am not a coin hunter either per se',relics is my thing but I take coins too!! :wink:

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,I was just looking back at this post today!!

DialM

May 31, 2007
kuger said:
Thanks again all of you!I have made the banner before but never in 30 minutes!!!Thats awesome in itself!We thought it might have been a cache too but there is nothing around?It has never been plowed of bull dozed.It is actually a saddle between two little valleys,it might have been an ambush point or dropped galloping away from a posse??Dont know?
Why were you detecting there?

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasnt until my cousin got a signal and dug the first Seated Half..........he is always swinging his coil,it has paid off before and did big time this time!!!

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Banner what did the gold appraise for $27k? Great find did you go over that site in all metal mode bet there is more metal to be found someone might have died in that spot you will probably find belt buckle among other things.

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOOKS LIKE THAT HARD PACKED CLAY KEPT THOSE COINS NICELY PRESERVED HOW DEEP WAS THE GOLD ONE?

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carson_wreckmaster said:
LOOKS LIKE THAT HARD PACKED CLAY KEPT THOSE COINS NICELY PRESERVED HOW DEEP WAS THE GOLD ONE?
cdltpx said:
Banner what did the gold appraise for $27k? Great find did you go over that site in all metal mode bet there is more metal to be found someone might have died in that spot you will probably find belt buckle among other things.
It appraised well.We hammered the site,no buckles,buckles are what I hunt for,none to be found there though.We thought and still do that something bad did happen there but didnt find anything else to prove that. The soil was kind to them,and they were all fairly shallow 6 inches max.Thanks!!!

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
kuger said:
Carson_wreckmaster said:
cdltpx said:
It appraised well.We hammered the site,no buckles,buckles are what I hunt for,none to be found there though.We thought and still do that something bad did happen there but didnt find anything else to prove that. The soil was kind to them,and they were all fairly shallow 6 inches max.Thanks!!!

My first father & law always said only a fool tells all he knows thanks for the reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread