CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday I ordered a 15" coil for my equinox. It was at my door Friday morning. Well it's still pretty cold here and a lot of snow on the ground. But I want to try out my new coil. So what am I to do but go down to my old beach. I go down there at 3pm three hour before total low tide, what the heck I'll try it. I start swinging about 3 feet below the hight tide line and the first signal a 12-13 turns out to be a 1935 buff. Hey not bad. Start swinging again and about a foot from the buff I get my second signal a low steady 8 on the nox. I scooped down about 7 or 8 in. and out pops the shiny yellow gold 14k knot ring with stones. After that I hit for five silver dimes a corroded baby spoon a few wheaties and a few pieces of brass.
Well it didn't take long to sell me on my new coil a buff, gold ring and silver coins in the first 1/2 hour of use....lol

IMG_1739.jpg IMG_1735.jpg
IMG_1732.jpg IMG_1734.jpg
IMG_1736.jpg IMG_1741.jpg IMG_1742.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Upvote 27

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I was at that beach today and you left it looking like WW1 battlefield,you got to fill those craters you dug.

OP
OP
RelicMaster777

RelicMaster777

Jul 8, 2018
Gold Cost Long Island n.y. Fema region II
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at that beach today and you left it looking like WW1 battlefield,you got to fill those craters you dug.

Don't worry Tom I do fill the holes, but after scooping those deep targets the sand becomes loose and soft and washes away with the tides leaving a depression. So don't insinuate that I'm a lazy digger. I bet if I go down there right now I will see all your holes because I only live 4 blocks away and I'm down there all the time and better luck next time..lol

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the larger coil made a difference! Well done. Congrats.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coil really paid off. Great job. I have an Equinox 800 with an 11” coil. Really works well for me. What are the major differences between the 6”, 11” and 15” coils. Is there a description on this website or other site? Thank you for any information.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! That's a pretty cool ring! Plus you got a Buffalo nick with a date! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

I got the 15" coil for my 800 and took it out once on a pretty cold day just to test it. Had a lot of deep signals that day but way too wet and cold to dig. Can't wait for spring!

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. Spur of the moment hunts are always best.

OP
OP
RelicMaster777

RelicMaster777

Jul 8, 2018
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coil really paid off. Great job. I have an Equinox 800 with an 11” coil. Really works well for me. What are the major differences between the 6”, 11” and 15” coils. Is there a description on this website or other site? Thank you for any information.

Hey Koma I had the 15" coil for my CTX, so I got one for the Nox too. They say it goes a little deeper than the 11". You definitely cover more ground. I would definitely recommend it for beaches and fields. Seams that beach signals are a little hotter to me too, where as the signals that seamed ify are more steady on the beach and not as ify as they were with the 11"
Just went down to the same beach for a 1/2 hour hunt and pop another SLQ and a little silver ring with red stones. So I can't complain about the 15" coil. It's doing it's job very well. Cheers

IMG_1743.jpg IMG_1744.jpg
IMG_1748.jpg IMG_1746.jpg

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I did alright a couple of silvers, right next to your craters.I got the evil eye from the beach walkers from your holes.A lot of holes were near the high tide line and will take several tide cycles to smooth them at least some.I know about tides too but I fill my holes because it's the right thing to do for the hobby.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great day in my book Well done keep it up

OP
OP
RelicMaster777

RelicMaster777

Jul 8, 2018
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did alright a couple of silvers, right next to your craters.I got the evil eye from the beach walkers from your holes.A lot of holes were near the high tide line and will take several tide cycles to smooth them at least some.I know about tides too but I fill my holes because it's the right thing to do for the hobby.

Must be the way you look bro...I'm down there every other day and talk to the kids and adults. Never get the evil eye. Even had some kids re digging my holes maybe I should have given them the evil eye. Maybe I'll be seeing you down there. I thought there would be some bottom feeders after I posted the video.

Last edited:

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
You must be oblivious of you how look to others and how you damage the hobby.I see you are taking to a personal level "must be the way you look"",bottomfeeder".YOU have no class BRO.BTW I worked in that village for many years,I know it well including the beach which I first hunted over a dozen years ago.

OP
OP
RelicMaster777

RelicMaster777

Jul 8, 2018
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be oblivious of you how look to others and how you damage the hobby.I see you are taking to a personal level "must be the way you look"",bottomfeeder".YOU have no class BRO.BTW I worked in that village for many years,I know it well including the beach which I first hunted over a dozen years ago.

What ever BRO.... you can have your last word tit for tat conversation. Really don't care what You have to say anymore. If you had anything meaningful to say to me you would, could and should have PM'ed me.. My last word on this is your a Twit

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds. Congrats on the nice gold and silver:occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the old coins and cool ring! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread